We have an excellent opportunity within the Trust for a Consultant Psychiatrist based within the General Adult Mental Health Service.
The post holder will principally provide leadership and senior medical input to the Community Mental Health Team for Bridlington and Driffield.
This is an exciting prospect, and you will need to be flexible, visionary and have the interpersonal skills to engage with patients and carers, and develop professional working relationships with multi-disciplinary and multi-agency teams.
Applicants should have full registration with the GMC, possess the MRCPsych UK or have an equivalent post-graduate qualification. They must have full registration with the GMC. Applicants must be included on the GMC's Specialist Register or Specialty Trainees within 6 months of completing their CCT within General Adult Psychiatry.
The role will attract at least 2.5 SPAs as
standard for a full-time post. We would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust. There is an excellent peer support group and opportunities to be a clinical supervisor. Relocation package available.
Main duties of the job
We think differently about our psychiatry roles and will work with you to develop an opportunity that works for you. We will support you to balance high quality patient care with pursuing your own special interests within psychiatry, as well as offering opportunities for leadership and management and leadership roles. Whether your focus is on developing your skills for management, research, teaching or innovative service provision, we are here to listen and understand how we can support you to reach your goals. Find out more about what we offer Consultant Psychiatrists by downloading our Destination Humber Booklet.
As a Teaching Trust we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and we are a leading Trust in mental health research. We work closely with our teaching partners of Hull York Medical School and Health Education England to offer an excellent training package that has seen us us rated in the Top 5 of the GMC's national training survey 2016.
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together to change lives. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to employee development.
Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing.
- Excellent relocation package
- Free on-site parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Extra day off on completion of mandatory training and receiving
- flu vaccination
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
Find out more about what makes our Trust 'Humbelievable' at join.humber.nhs.uk
The ability to commute within the Trusts geographical area with access to the appropriate means of transport is essential.
Job description Job responsibilities
As a consultant working in the Community Mental Health Team for Bridlington and Driffield, you will have responsibility for the provision of safe and effective care and treatment which is evidence based. You will share the vision of integrated and multi-disciplinary working and actively engage in the development of the service through research and support.
The post holder would be expected to be approved as a Responsible Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain Section 12(2) MHA and will be expected to renew this approval according to agreed procedures.
Please read our attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information on our exciting role available.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE Essential
- Excellent knowledge and clinical skills in specialty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others & able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING Essential
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Participated in continuous professional development and participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence and has actively participated in clinical audit and quality improvement programmes
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.