We have an exciting new opportunity within the Trust for a Specialty Doctor based within the Perinatal Mental Health Service.The post holder will principally provide medical input to the Perinatal Liaison service within the Department of Psychological Medicine.As the Specialty Doctor within Perinatal Liaison, you will work as part of a well-established clinical MDT in Hawthorne Court, providing specialist assessments and interventions for women in their perinatal period suffering from a range of mental health problems. You will work within an innovative model of treatment in our unit and we're proud of our Trust community and know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
Main duties of the job
Youshould have experience of working with adult patients and confidence in working with family members/significant others.
The post holder is expected to:
- diagnose and formulate management plans in complex cases, including decisions on prescribing in pregnancy and breastfeeding with the support of the Perinatal Consultant Psychiatrist.
- assess and manage risk, including suicide risk, in relation to the pregnancy, and risk to
- deliver care which responds to maternity time
- provide prescribing advice on psychotropic medication in pregnancy and breastfeeding to general psychiatry, maternity and primary care
- to provide preconception advice for women who meet criteria for this service
- work in a collaborative way with maternity services, primary care, health visiting and childcare social work to ensure optimum outcomes for the patient and her child.
As a Teaching Trust we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and we are a leading Trust in mental health research. We work closely with our teaching partners of Hull York Medical School and Health Education England to offer an excellent training package that has seen us rated in the Top 5 of the GMC's national training survey 2016.You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together to change lives. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to employee development.Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers.
Job description Job responsibilities
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing.
- Free on-site parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Extra day off on completion of mandatory training and receiving
- flu vaccination
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
Find out more about what makes our Trust Humbelievable at join.humber.nhs.uk
Please read our attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information on our exciting role available.
For informal enquires or to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Fofie, Consultant Psychiatrist
on telephone number 01482 301701 / 336638.
The ability to commute within the Trusts geographical area with access to the appropriate means of transport is essential.
Person Specification Essential Essential
- Qualification and Training
- Clinical Experience / Skills / Competencies
- Attributes / Personal Qualities
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.