We have a very exciting new opportunities to recruit to a number of Band 5 to Band 6 Progression roles at Ramsgate House, Cromwell House and Prescott House.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic Community Psychiatric Nurses to join our three fantastic community teams within the Salford division. Salford Community Mental Health Services are a committed integrated service that strive to provide quality recovery based support to people with severe and enduring mental health related difficulties.
We will consider applications from B5 about to qualify or experienced B5 who want to transition into the B6 role with a fully supported integration and coaching process.
Within the progression role we will look to develop your skills from a B5 to B6 Skills within the 12-month period if you have experience or 2 years following preceptorship programme. The exciting aspect of this new role is that once you enter the progression part of the training you can move to the Band 6 role at any time once all competencies are completed. It's a flexible exciting development opportunity. (All applications would be expected to transition to that B6 role in 12 months for experience staff or 2 years for new or there would be risk to the position) You will be provided with supervisions, training and support through out the process.
Main duties of the job As a Band 5 you will have the following duties
Duties will include the organisation and delivery of depot, lithium and Clozapine clinics. Having oversight of the physical health agenda and have a defined caseload non-complex service users, and work within the recovery model using a wide range of evidence based holistic assessments and interventions.
You will hold initially a caseload of including those treated with depot medication, clozapine and lithium.
As a band 5 nurse you will have a key role in supporting the mental and physical health agenda within the team. As a Community Psychiatric Nurse working in the service, you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of the CPA process.
Ramsgate, Prescott and Cromwell House CMHTs are keen to support the development of all nurses , encouraging career progression within the team and being fully supportive of preceptorship nurses .
We have attached the competency profile to the job and person specification that you would be expected to meet in the agreed period. Each team will provide all the support and time you need to meet the requirements of the role.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) is one of the leading mental health trusts in the UK.
Serving a population of 1.2million people, across one of the most exciting and affordable cities in Europe, GMMH provides community and inpatient mental health care, alongside prison in reach, substance misuse services, a specialist centre for mental health and deafness and inpatient perinatal mental health care.
The Trust employs around 5700 people, who make a difference across 130 locations. Staff at GMMH work to improve lives with a culture based on five core values:
- We are caring and compassionate
- We inspire hope
- We work together
- We value and respect
- We are open and honest
GMMH is one of the most active research trusts in the UK, with one of the highest levels of recruitment to clinical trials for mental health.
We have been rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commission. Our substance misuse services and leadership were rated as 'Outstanding'
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide skilled mental health nursing care to service users.
- To manage a caseload of service users with mental health problems.
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care under supervision of the Senior Practitioner for Nursing.
- To act as care coordinator within the CPA framework thereby meeting the needs of service users and carers.
- Undertake risk assessment and management of individuals presenting at risk of vulnerability, self-harm or risk of physical, sexual, emotional harm to others.
- Be expected to undertake assessments, in line with Mental Capacity Act 2007, Safeguarding Adults and Mental health Act
- Undertake Mental Health Nursing Assessments as requested i.e. Local Authority Panel requests, Salford PCT Continuing Care assessments.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RMN/ RMN student
- Registered with a governing body
- Experience of working with service users with mental health difficulties
- Experience working in MDT / Community setting
- Continued professional development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.