We are looking for an exceptional Trainee Imaging System Manager / Imaging System Manager to support the Imaging Department
The post holder will be directly responsible for providing a high-quality IT service across Imaging at UHL, in line with the IT Lead, leading and managing the development and implementation of Imaging IT systems and primarily responsible for the UHL/Community RIS and PACS. This is a developmental post working towards the requirements of an Imaging IT Systems Manager band 7. Depending on experience the post holder will be provided with tailored training to fully support the full role.Main duties of the job
In addition, as the UHL/Community RIS and PACS develops you will be expected to negotiate and communicate with new users to allow them to access the Imaging IT systems.
You will liaise with and provide cross-cover for other Imaging IT Managers and have excellent working knowledge of the staff and systems they manage (e.g. RIS, PACS, PAS, Voice Recognition, Business Objects, etc.).About us
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will ensure efficient and effective management of Imaging Systems, this will include:
Person SpecificationCommitment to Trust Values and BehavioursEssential
- To be responsible for the implementation and on-going management of the RIS and PACS systems, and to decide upon the strategic direction of Radiology IT systems both within the Trust and with external stakeholders.
- To lead on the procurement, implementation and delivery of Radiology IT systems and instigate the development of these systems in line with Trust goals.
- To review and provide training programmes and support to all system users.
- To provide support with developments and day-to-day management of other Diagnostic IT Systems.
- To hold regular meetings with UHLs IM& T Managed Business Partner to ensure support services are meeting contractual standards.
- To hold regular meetings with RIS/PACS software suppliers to ensure contractual commitments are being met.
- Monitoring of system performance, initiation of action to resolve problems in conjunction with IM& T / 3rd party contractors.
- Ensure that diagnostic monitors meet appropriate QA standards.
- Co-ordination of repair of equipment by external agencies / IM& T
- Co-ordination of 3rd party software products / modality vendors for PACS connectivity.
- Testing of software updates and patches to imaging IT systems.
- To provide out of hours support to diagnostic system updates, when necessary.
- To maintain an expert knowledge of the PACS and RIS, including hardware, software, equipment integration and network configurations.
Training & QualificationsEssential
- Must be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trust's Values and Behaviours
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Diploma / Degree in Clinical Radiography (Diagnostic)
- Proven experience in an IT support role.
- Advanced IT skills, particularly Windows 10, Word, Excel, IE, Chrome, Edge, Java.
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Knowledge and experience of order communications systems such as Sunquest ICE.
- Experience of Managing PACS/RIS in an NHS or health related organisation
- Experience of managing 3rd party contractors
Analytical and Judgement skillsEssential
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to present complex data
Planning and organisation skillsEssential
- Excellent problem solving skills using team when appropriate
- Logical thinker with evidence of delivery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Track record of identifying problems and proposing and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrable organisational skills
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.