- Do you want to support the NHS in these unprecedented times?
- Are you thinking of a change of job but unsure of the next move?
- Are you passionate about Physiotherapy but looking for flexible working?
- Do you want the opportunity to work in a large, diverse community organisation that promotes values of working together, always improving, respectful and kind and making a difference?
Why not join our bank team where we have posts available within different service areas including; Home First / Reablement, Community Rehabilitation, Community Learning Disability, Stroke Rehabilitation and Inpatient wards - Physical and Mental Health.
If you are interested to learn more about the opportunities we have available please contact:
Ellie Newton Elenor.email@example.com Mobile: 07827 281938
Deputy Professional Head of Physiotherapy
Main duties of the job What we will want from you?
In return we will give you: -
- To be committed to providing a high standard of Physiotherapy practice and quality at all times.
- Working with all health care professionals, and our wider multidisciplinary and voluntary teams to provide an integrated service to the people who use our services.
- Qualified Physiotherapist with a minimum of 18 months experience based in the UK (NHS or private) within the last 2 years and have a valid HCPC pin.
- You will need to have good communication skills, initiative, and be flexible.
- For community-based posts, ability to travel between sites and to patient's homes is essential.
- Induction & mandatory training
- Support from senior therapists in the team, and access to support from specialist therapists in neurology, falls, respiratory, mental health and learning disability
- Access to In-service Training and development opportunities
- A sense of team work and achievement
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting documents for a detailed job description and person specification.
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services. It is the Trusts view that the costs associated with moving house in order to take up a post with us should not restrict our ability to recruit the excellent people we need; therefore, we support staff to relocate with our relocation policy.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are proud to have been recognised as a Veteran Aware Trust, evidencing the provision of the best care for Veterans and driving to improve the care for veterans and their families. Find out more about this by clicking on the link at the right-hand side, titled Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Post graduate training in relevant area
- Broad range of clinical experience across a variety of areas
- Experience in supervising others
- Experience in presenting/teaching in a group setting
- Experience in working with people with Long Term Conditions
- At least two years post-graduate experience
- Clinical educator training completed
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.