This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding mental health pharmacy team as a part time (22.5 hours), Band 6, senior technician to provide technical leadership across our community services. It is a newly created post that will support the Trust community transformation work. You will work alongside our Pharmacists and have the opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge through in-house training and attending professional courses. You will work closely with our Chief Technician to develop the new community pharmacy service.Main duties of the job
This role is based over a 5-day (Mon-Fri) working week, with no expectation to take part in an evenings, weekend, or bank holidays rota. It is based across our four localities -Dudley, Walsall, Sandwell and Wolverhampton, with our dispensary outsourced to a third party. Working pattern to be agreed at interviewAbout us
- Maintaining quality and standards by contributing to the development and implementation of processes and procedures to deliver the new pharmacy community services
- Work in close conjunction with the Chief Technician over matters concerning pharmaceutical supply and storage of medicines
- Supporting outpatient clinics such as our Clozapine Service
- Ensuring correct storage and handling of pharmaceuticals in accordance with relevant SOPs/ Standards.
- Supervising pharmacy technicians, student technicians and other support staff working within pharmacy specialist area(s).
- Supporting KPI targets within area of work.
- When needed, provide in-patient pharmacy services to the wards.
At Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, we're building a high-calibre, diverse and inclusive mental health workforce. One that will give talented professionals like you the opportunity to shape an outstanding service that will transform community mental healthcare and deliver happier and healthier lives all across our communities.
The Trust is rated 'Good' from CQC (Care Quality Commission) and will become the lead provider for mental health services across The Black Country . We have recently invested in newly created clinical divisions and are currently developing new models of integrated primary and secondary care for adults and older adults, as well launching a far-reaching inpatient strategy, working to eradicate dormitories and building new facilities.
This ambitious model is multi-agency and multi-disciplinary, opening the door for you to work in a collaborative and flexible way with partners, service users, carers and their familiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
This is an exciting time to be involved in the transformation of how mental health services are delivered in the community and you will be instrumental in providing medicines management and optimisation services for the benefit of service users. You will need to be resourceful, able to manage your time effectively and prioritise your own workload. You should have previous hospital experience, with mental health experience being desirable, although not essentialPerson SpecificationrequiredEssential
- GPHC Registration as Pharmacy Technician
- Minimum of three years as a pharmacy technician.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Mental Health Hospital Experience
- Management/ leadership qualification ( or working towards)
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bushey Fields Road
Dudley DY1 2LZ
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.