We are currently seeking a Performance Lead to join our busy Performance and Strategic Development Division for a 12 month maternity cover. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and further develop performance assurance and analysis across GMMH.
The post holder will provide Trust-wide expertise on performance assurance and analysis. This role will provide key support to the Trust Finance and Performance group, including bespoke analysis and deep-dive reporting. The post will provide analysis of performance information to support learning, sharing of best practice and service development. This will include evaluation of information internally and comparisons against national information. The post will actively engage with appropriate national and Greater Manchester forums summarising learning for the Trust. This will include Model Hospital and Getting It Right First Time (GRIFT) programmes. The post holder will coordinate the Trust's benchmarking collections and act as the point of contact for internal and external queries.
Maternity Cover to the end of Feb 25Main duties of the job
The right candidate will have previous experience in performance analysis and assurance within the health service, excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, an ability to deliver to deadlines and be a dynamic and committed individual.
The post will lead the further development of internal and external performance reporting to ensure information can be easily interpreted to improve services and reflects the needs of all stakeholders. This will include support to the new local provider collaborative commissioning arrangements, and work with colleagues across the Trust from operations, HR, finance and business intelligence.
The post holder will lead the update and maintenance of the Trustwide Performance Management Framework to ensure clear accountability and governance of performance across the Trust on behalf of the Deputy Director. The post will also support the modelling of demand and capacity of services to deliver future needs.
This role will be expected to have the ability to respond quickly to requests and present information in the most dynamic and meaningful way ensuring complex information is easily understandable and appropriate to the audience to inform service improvement. The post holder is expected to proactively seek to improve systems and processes used within the organisation to ensure information provided is accurate, timely and reported to the highest standard using leading edge technologies.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Qualification at Degree level or significant relevant experience in an associated field
- Post Graduate Managerial Qualification
- Experience of developing performance reports using readily available software
- Experiencing of presenting complex information and analysis to staff to improve performance
- Experience in the development of reports/business cases to support service development
- Experience of developing a performance management framework within the NHS.
- In depth knowledge of NHS performance assurance and reporting and current NHS policy, in particular relating to mental health
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of performance in a mental health environment
- Ability to critically appraise various methods of measuring performance of each aspect of performance assurance
- Ability to analyse highly complex data and draw conclusions from this as to whether this indicates good or poor performance.
- High standard of report writing and presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Focused, proactive and resilient with problem solving skills.
- Highly organised and ability to deliver to deadlines.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Bury New Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.