This is post is open to Registered general nurses (RGNs) and Registered mental health nurses (RMNs)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered general nurse (RGN) and a Registered mental health nurse (RMN) to join the GMMH Continuing Professional Development team (CPD team) on a 12 months secondment or fixed term basis as Continuing Professional Development trainer (CPD trainer) to support the established CPD team in planning and delivering the CPD training.
This post is created as the team is expanding to include one more RMN and an RGN. The post is for a fixed period of 12 months to support GMMH's Continuing Professional Development Project.
The post would be suitable for retire and return practitioners and part time opportunities available. We are looking for 1 whole time equivalent - RMN/ RGN . Part time and flexible working options considered'Main duties of the job
To work with the Nursing and Governance Team and the Learning and Development Team to deliver continuous professional development training across Greater Manchester NHS Foundation Trust footprint to support the Trust's Allied Health Professional, Nurses and Nursing Associates to meet training requirements for their scope of practice.
To promote effective and safe practice, through training, that enables staff to deliver physical and mental health care and practice which is evidenced based and meets national and local guidelines and standards.
To provide support to the Nursing and Governance Team and the Continuing Professional Development Project Lead, to ensure the Trust carries out its duties with respect to identifying and delivering the clinical training needs of the Allied Health Professional, Nurse and Nursing Associate workforce to assure the workforce delivers safe and effective practice and meets their own training requirements for scope of practice, Preceptorship and their NMC or HCPC Revalidation.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
- To support and assist the Continuing Professional Development Project Lead in the planning, and delivery of training in the Trust for the clinical workforce.
- To support and assist the manager to devise both classroom-basedtraining, virtual and e-learning.
- To have the skills and knowledge to be able to deliver identified CPDtraining to the clinical workforce.
- Deliver training courses to a consistent, safe and fair standard inaccordance with Trust policy, requirements and standards.
- Assess learners to determine their competency to a consistent, safe and fair standard in accordance with Trust policy, requirements andstandards
Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationEssential Desirable
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discount
Skills, Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Teaching Qualification
- Practice supervisor/practice assessor
- Train the trainer on clinical skills
- Demonstrable post registration clinical experience
- Experience is delivering training - informal training , 1:1 or group
- Evidence of own CPD
- Knowledge of professional guidance/ national and local policies
- Enhanced communication skills - Verbal and written
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Application of teaching methodology
- Experience developing training package/ training material
- Multi-agency / partnership working
- IT skills - PowerPoints, MS teams etc
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Bury New Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.