Organisational Development Facilitator - Leadership (Band 5)
Over the last 12 months we have grown our Organisational Development Team and are delighted to bring to the job market this role.
Our team is newly formed and we are working in a fast paced environment looking for an enthusiastic, fun, creative and meticulous Organisational Development Facilitator to join our work family.
We are currently rolling out our new Leadership Framework 'Role Model, Coach, Care' and this role is pivotal in managing the successful embedding of the framework to inform a culture of compassion here at GMMH.Main duties of the job
The Organisational Development Facilitator will support the OD Management team to deliver a robust OD programme that improves organisational performance and organisational culture by implementing innovative and creative approaches, initiatives and projects. The post holder will utilise OD methodology and practice and to create a culture of learning, building a competent, capable, flexible and adaptable workforce. The position will be key in delivering high quality OD interventions to our workforce, and will work to support, develop and implement the Trusts Workforce and Organisational Development Strategy and OD plan.
Flexibility is a critical aspect of this role and the post holder will need to demonstrate the willingness, understanding and ability to manage a broad range of organisational requirements and internal and external demands. This will be achieved through consistently displaying a thorough understanding of OD, Workforce and Learning and Development agendas.
The post holder will work closely with the OD Management team, OD colleagues, and colleagues at all levels of seniority across the Trust, as well as external stakeholders and OD networks, locally and nationally.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesOrganisational Development
Design, deliver and support appropriate OD interventions to support the achievement of the Trust's Workforce and OD Development Strategy.
Working closely with the OD Management team to design, deliver and evaluate high quality programmes that meet organisational need.
Provide support to all leadership initiatives across the Trust.
Support the transformation of the organisational culture including embedding the Trust Values and behaviours and our Role Model, Coach, Care Leadership Framework.
Support the design and delivery of staff engagement initiatives in order to positively impact upon staff satisfaction levels.
Regularly undertake research and development in relation to OD with a focus on good practice, new initiatives, benchmarking with other organisations in order to add value to the Trust offer.
Support the development of the capacity and capability of Managers to undertake organisational development activities within their areas of responsibility as appropriate.
Utilise an effective evaluation framework in order to measure organisational impact and value. Workforce Development
Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on OD and learning opportunities to meet needs identified and signposting to internal and external opportunities where appropriate.
Work with the OD Lead and OD Manager Leadership, to ensure attendance and representation at key local and regional meetings.
Along with other senior members of the Organisational Development Team support the facilitation of the GMMH Welcome Day on a rota basis
Work closely with the Apprenticeship team and NWLA to communicate workforce intelligence that may result in external Apprenticeships provision and leadership development needs Management
Consistently demonstrate the Trust Values and Behaviours in championing all aspects of the OD and Workforce Development agendas
Contribute to the development of the OD team, developing and sharing knowledge , skills and best practice.
Report to the OD Manager Leadership and deputise where appropriate.
Ensure that projects are delivered within the available resources and agreed timescales, providing regular reports and raising significant problems/ issues in a timely manner.
Effectively manage any delegated budget and other resources. Workforce Transformation
To work with HR Managers and HR Advisors to raise awareness of OD initiatives and new ways of working.
Work with the Head of Organisational Development on the delivery and implementation of workforce transformation projects, monitoring clear outcome measures that are in place. Trust Mandatory On going Requirements
To undertake any other reasonable duty, when requested to do so by an appropriate Trust manager.
To understand and comply with all Trust policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
To understand the Trusts Strategic Goals and how you can support them.
To understand the need to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and adhere to all principles in effective safeguarding.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with Equal Opportunities, Equality and Diversity and dignity in care/work policies and principles
To avoid unlawful discriminatory behaviour and actions when dealing with the colleagues, services users, members of the public and all stakeholders.
To access only information, where paper, electronic, or, in another media, which is authorised to you as part of the duties of your role.
Not to communicate to anyone or inside or outside the NHS, information relating to patients, services users, staff, contractors or any information of a commercially sensitive nature, unless done in the normal course of carrying out the duties of the post and with appropriate permission.
To maintain high standards of quality in corporate and clinical record keeping ensuring information is always recorded accurately, appropriately and kept up to date.
To ensure their day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment by minimising waste and maximising recycling saving energy minimising water usage and reporting electrical faults, water leakages or other environmental concerns to the facilities department or their line manager.
Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and other persons
To contribute to the control of risk and to report any incident, accident or near miss
To protect service users, visitors and employees against the risk of acquiring health care associated infections.
To take responsibility for your own learning and development by recognising and taking advantage of all opportunities to learn in line with appraisal and supervision .Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject (or equivalent level experience)
- Experience of working within a complex organisation in an Organisational Development role.
- Experience of designing, delivering and evaluating OD interventions
- Experience of designing, delivering and evaluating Leadership Development programmes
- Experience of working independently , to enable the development of a consultancy type approach and manage own workload.
- Experience of programme / project management
- Experience of engagement and facilitating groups
- Experience of working with senior leaders
- Evidence of supporting individuals / teams in developing skills, attitudinal shifts and creating a facilitative learning environment within a workshop setting
- Experience of reporting on data insights to deliver large scale training programmes (e.g. producing training trajectories)
- Qualification in OD tools / techniques i.e. MBTI, Aston, Improvement techniques, FIROb etc. (not an exhaustive list) Professional accreditation e.g CIPD
- NHS Background, preferably within Mental Health
- Good understanding of OD, people development, Organisational change and leadership and management development theory
- Knowledge of how to assess learning needs
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and approaches that support the increased motivation of staff
- Good working knowledge of evaluation techniques
- Understanding the changing landscape within Health and Social Care
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of key NHS strategies including the Retain, Train, Reform agenda
- Knowledge and understanding of Health Education England frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of new ways of working in the NHS e.g. Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Nurse Associates etc.
- Knowledge of the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model
- Knowledge of Apprenticeship Programmes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to gain credibility and confidence with senior stakeholders, especially those in clinical roles
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- Ability to have challenging conversations in a constructive a positive way.
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously and deliver to agreed timescales
- Able to travel and work flexibly across the geographical footprint of the organisation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Coaching/ mentoring/ 360 degree feedback
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.