We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic, experienced people centered virtual ward nurses. Ideally you will have excellent clinical skills and experience as working as part of a multidisciplinary team. This role will be responsible for managing virtual ward patient care in conjunction with our system partners.
The referral hub manages referrals into a number of HCT clinical services. Our team consists of GPs, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, and administrators who care for patients across Hertfordshire, The referral hub opening hours are Mon-sun 8am - 8pm, this role will be required to join the weekend rota.
This role involves some remote working, and some office based duties with minimal/no face to face activities.
A full valid driving license and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability defined by the Equality Act 2010).Main duties of the job
- Use advanced skills and expert knowledge to make a comprehensive assessment of patients referred into the virtual ward work collaboratively with the GPs to develop an appropriate management plan.
- Use complex, advanced skills and expert knowledge to identify changes and/or deterioration in condition and act on these appropriately.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with GPs, clinicians and admin personnel in the Referral Hub to continue to develop the virtual ward service.
- Establish highly effective methods of communication to develop a therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Build effective relationships across professional organisational boundaries, using influencing and negotiating skills to break down barriers and manage the patient journey.
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. You'll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff.
We put our patients, their families and carers at the center of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities. Our staff are proud to be innovative, caring and agile in their work to help achieve the trust vision.
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds and ages.
We don't want you to miss out so we'd like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now.
You've made a great decision to apply to join HCT - we're looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job Description.
Word versions of documents are available if needed to allow for any adaptations to be made i.e. font, colour, background, convert to Read Aloud.Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- NMC registered nurse, BSC or equivalent e.g. diploma or equivalent experience
- Evidence of ongoing personal development
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Teaching experience / qualification
- Working within a Primary Health Care setting
- Multi-agency working
- Implementing evidence-based practice
- Knowledge of current safeguarding procedures
- Ability to caseload manage and autonomously organise own workload
- Ability to analyse and assess written information regarding service user need and formulate appropriate action
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Research and Audit
- Previous virtual ward/hospital experience
- Experience of mentoring, assessing, coaching
- Organisational skills
- Evidence of excellent communication skills both oral and written, including the ability to liaise and negotiate
- Evidence of being able to establish positive relationships and mutual respect with people at all levels
- Ability to provide highly sensitive and complex information and advice to patients, carers and relatives
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Use own initiative
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of SystmOne electronic patient record system
- Knowledge of how to use virtual tools such as MS Teams, Zoom etc
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driven and passionate about delivering optimum patient care
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Six Hills Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.