Do you have the Passion, Drive and Ability to deliver high quality compassionate care?
We currently have 2 x full-time, permanent Psychologist vacancies within CAMHS Paediatric Psychology in Leicestershire. This offers an exciting opportunity for a motivated and committed Candidate to apply for a Band 8a post, or a Band 7 developmental post with the opportunity to become a Band 8a within a supported structure. Responsibilities would be adjusted accordingly. The move to a Band 8a post would be upon completion of required competencies as agreed and reviewed with managers.
The Paediatric Psychology Team is a team of 16 and we are continuing to grow. We are a specialist team, in a larger CAMHS provision within Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. There are plenty of opportunities for training, and supervision is well provided for. We have several Trainees from the DClinPsy course at University of Leicester, so there would be opportunities to supervise Trainees, Assistant Psychologists and other medical and Allied health professional colleagues. We are keen to support people in their continued professional development.
Supervision of a Clinical Psychology Trainee and contribution to service development will also be required for candidates at 8a level. We are keen to support people in their continued professional development.
The post holders will be based within the Department of Paediatric Psychology but will be required to deliver services at the Leicester Royal Infirmary and other community venues. This is an exciting opportunity to join colleagues at Leicester Children's Hospital in providing specialist care to children and young people with complex health needs.
Leicester Children’s Hospital at University Hospitals of Leicester (UHL) NHS Trust provides:
- Secondary Paediatric Services to just over one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR).
- Tertiary Paediatric Services to the population of LLR and patients from surrounding counties.
- Quaternary Paediatric Services (e.g., Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia and ECMO) to the population of LLR and patients from across the country.
The Children’s Hospital
- forms part of UHL’s Women and Children’s Clinical Management Group (CMG). The vast majority of children’s services are currently located at the LRI, with the exception of the East Midlands Congenital Heart Centre (EMCHC) moving across in spring 2021 and orthodontics, which are both currently at the Glenfield Hospital (GH).
- is staffed by a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team who provide high quality care to all patients in a variety of specialties including emergency, elective and specialised services for children and families within and outside of the East Midlands.
- currently manages around 130 beds and has a budget of over £38 Million.
- The Children’s Hospital has an establishment of 454 WTE including 258 Nursing staff, 105 Medical staff and 72 administrative staff.
The current vacancies will involve working within General and Community Paediatrics, as well as potentially working more directly with some medical specialties within the Children's Hospital. The posts offer an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of Psychologists working directly within medical multi-disciplinary teams, providing psychological assessment and interventions to children, young people and families who are living with complex long-term health needs.
Applicants with experience of working with children and who are interested in the relationship between physical and mental health are encouraged to apply.
We are keen to hear from enthusiastic, flexible and organised applicants.
Department: Paediatric Psychology, Artemis House, Westcotes Drive, Leicester
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
For more information, please contact
Dr Vicky Elliott
Tel: 0116 2952959
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.