Band 5 - Community Mental Health Practitioner Adult Mental Health Full Time - £25,655 to £31,534
The East Leicestershire Community Mental Health Team (Based in Melton) has an exciting opportunity for a permanent Band 5 Mental Health Practitioner. The posts are open to qualified Mental Health Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Social workers that have experience and knowledge of caring for people with an acute mental illness.
This post is suitable for newly qualified staff and includes the possibility of progressing to a band 6 post following meeting the relevant competencies. Full training and support will be given.
The team is very welcoming, supportive, fun, and friendly. We provide assessment and treatment interventions for patients from 18 years of age with severe and enduring mental illness in a recovery focused way. Come and join us and be a part something great, add your skills and further develop your knowledge.
We are looking for people that:
- Have an enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Enjoy being a team player as well as being able to work on own initiative.
- Have excellent documentation skills in terms of record keeping.
- Have previous experience of working with mental illness either in an inpatient or community setting.
- Are positive and enthusiastic in quality improvement initiatives.
- Working knowledge of recovery principles and interventions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have good IT skills or a willingness to embrace the learning.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure when required.
- The ability to manage the demands of a case load and plan diary effectively.
- Be able to effectively support and supervise junior staff and students.
In return we offer a robust induction, supervision, and ongoing training. We are a supportive team that always help each other out and help you to develop your career.
Please contact Team Manager, Mathew Pickard for more information or an informal chat about these roles on 01664 855585.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.