Provide specialist nursing advice, care and support to patients with colorectal cancer and facilitate high quality, individualized care to patients/clients and relatives/carers, both inpatients and outpatients in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team and in line with local and national targets.
Main duties of the job
- At all times ensure that the needs of the patient are placed at the centre of care delivery. Where appropriate acting as a 'key worker'.
- Work to improve the patient experience throughout the patient journey.
- Deputise for their line manager in designated tasks relevant to the development of role/clinical specialty.
- Act as professional role model, providing direct and indirect clinical care, teaching and research.
- To work with senior members of the team and contribute to the development of the clinical nurse specialist role in accordance with local and national policy and ensure the needs of patients and their families are central to service improvement initiatives.
Patients and Visitors within the clinical area and specialty. Central cancer management team and reporting to direct line manager nursing and medical and management teams within the clinical Divisions. Working with other CNS' within Imperial as appropriate. Liaison with Specialist Multi Disciplinary Teams (MDT(s) General Practitioners & other relevant secondary care agencies work in collaboration with Patient Experience teams Macmillan Cancer Support, and other charitable organisations as appropriate. Central cancer management team and reporting to direct line manager nursing and medical and management teams within the clinical Divisions.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse.
- Teaching and Assessing qualification or equivalent teaching experience
- Post registration experience in cancer or palliative care with or relevant subject or working towards.
- First level degree in related subject or undertaking a degree pathway
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Advanced Communication Skills (Connected) or prepared to work towards
- Research qualification
- Relevant post registration experience in cancer or palliative care or relevant subject or the speciality
- Experience of multi-professional working
- Experience with managing patient relevant to specialist area
- Experience of audit and research
- Understanding Macmillan cancer support and its role across the UK
- Demonstrate commitment through involvement in Trust wide initiatives/ committees
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of own patient group
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Organisation and negotiation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership and motivational skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Charing Cross Hospitalg
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.