We are looking for an experienced dietitian to work in a critical care/ surgical role within MTW. You should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic with excellent team-working, communication and organisational skills.
It is anticipated that your clinical experience and knowledge will contribute to the development, evaluation and quality improvement of the Intensive care department and formation of our digestive disease's unit. The successful applicant will be well supported by the Clinical Lead Dietitian & Professional Lead for Dietetics.
You will support junior staff to develop clinical skills to manage the complex needs of the inpatient and outpatient cohort. You will also work collaboratively on the Trust's artificial nutrition safety and quality initiatives.Main duties of the job
To act as a source of expertise for dietetic, nursing and medical colleagues locally and nationally regarding the nutritional management of ICU/DDU patients. This includes attendance at ITU MDT.
To provide outpatient follow up and expertise in DDU patients
To participate in audits, project work and research within Critical Care and Digestive diseases
To monitor and evaluate whether local/ national standards are being met and make recommendations for change to protocols and guidelines within critical care.
To educate, train, supervise and disseminate information to healthcare professionals including clinicians, nurses, AHPs, dietetic colleagues and students about the dietetic management of critical care/DDU patients.
To cover the leadership responsibilities of the Team Lead in their absence, when required.
To be an integrated member of the Dietetic team, providing help, support and cover to the team where appropriate. Participate in and contribute to the development of the Dietetic Department.
Please visit the video link below to provide you with an insightas to why you should come and join our fantastic therapy department at MTW!
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date: TBC Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc.(Hons) or Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics or equivalent qualification
- Current state registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC
- Relevant post graduate training in clinical dietetics
- Member of a BDA Specialist Group and / or BAPEN
- Recognised leadership or clinical supervisory skills qualification / training
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) or other body conferring professional insurance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload to achieve deadlines
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Competent and accurate IT skills with ability to use Microsoft word, PowerPoint, data collection tools, and willingness to develop these skills
- Competent to use specialist equipment for anthropometric assessment
- Counselling skills or post graduate training in behaviour change techniques
- Experience of using dietary analysis packages
- Supervisory and / or mentorship skills
- Minimum of two years dietetic experience post qualification
- Experience of managing patients with nutritional support requirements including enteral nutrition in an acute setting.
- Experience of managing enteral feed discharges
- Experience working with groups of patients
- Experience of supervising dietetic student placements
- Experience of participating in service development initiatives.
- Evidence of participating in clinical audit.
- Experience of using clinical outcome measures
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of working with IBD patients, IBS patients requiring the low FODMAP diet HPN patients, patients with pancreatitis and patients with short bowel syndrome
- Research experience (to include Good Clinical Practice training)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sound clinical knowledge of the nutritional management of a wide variety of clinical conditions based on current best practice
- Current knowledge of stroke nutrition
- Current knowledge of enteral feeding systems and parenteral nutrition
- Knowledge of national policies, procedures and guidelines (relevant to the specialist patient group)
- Evidence of relevant courses attended or study completed
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and experience of conducting clinical audit
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.