To be responsible for co-ordinating, delivering and maintaining a high standard of day-to-day clinical care for all patients in the designated clinical area. Provide support to the senior nurse (modern matron) and clinical leadership to the ward team. To support the development of the Nurse led substance misuse service. To help the service better respond to the needs of individuals with substance misuse related problems.Main duties of the job
Capital and Revenue Budgets to assist the Substance Misuse Nurse specialist in effective use and monitoring of budget Other Statistics Acting as an expert practitioner and professional role model, demonstrate advanced clinical skills, promote clinical excellence and ensure an optimum standard of nursing care is delivered from admission to discharge.About us
Here at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, we are proud to provide expert, compassionate care for our local population. We are ranked as the third in the country for research, embedding education and training across the organisation. Our main hub is the Queen Alexandra Hospital, which is one of the largest hospitals on the south coast employing over 8,700 staff. Our patients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our hospital stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for getting it right for patients, colleagues, and our community, you will find a home at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS TrustJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Proactively and positively contribute to the achievement of deliverables through individual and team effort. Manage the production of the required deliverables and control risks, Support team members to deliver on their functionally relevant objectives through offering advice, guidance and support as appropriate. Ensure that approved budgets are spent effectively and in accordance with agreed procedures Liaison with Senior Professionals and related functions to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the shared services as required Maintain and continuously improve specialist knowledge in an aspect of Health Service which significantly contributes to the Trusts stated objectives & aims Establish and maintain strategic links with a range of external partners/stakeholders or manage the links made through the team. Engage with external partners/stakeholders to gain their necessary level of contribution & commitment to the successful delivery of your work. Undertake proactive horizon scanning for either developments relating to Trust work or opportunities for Trust involvement around health issues Increase the level of knowledge & skills within the Trust through documenting key learning and supporting others to develop their professional abilities. Dissemination of knowledge through engagement in report writing, and reviewing, taking full responsibility for technical accuracy and reliability and being sensitive to the wider implications of that dissemination. Ensure that expertise is seen as a resource within and outside the Trust and form working partnerships with government departments, national agencies and key stakeholders. Develop structures, systems, ways of working and personal values that will support the Trusts sustainable development objectives with regard to issues such as Carbon reduction and waste minimisation and to encourage all stakeholders of the Trust to act as enthusiastic agents of change. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current RN and/or RMN Adult / RGN registration with NMC
- Post Registration qualifications.
- Relevant Management / Leadership Course E.g. LEO, NEBS
- Significant experience with evidence of CPD.
- Previous experience of staff development and performance management
- Evidence of ward management/teaching (formal and informal) experience and change management.
- Non-Medical prescriber
- Knowledge of substance misuse.
- Knowledge of community teams.
- Knowledge of prescribing pathways for managing substance misuse.
- Critical appraisal skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and nonverbal)
- Articulate and knowledgeable in current health care issues.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to make clinical decisions and judgments.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work under a supervision model.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to serve on task forces and/or committees.
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma Informed
Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS TrustAddress
Queen Alexandra Hospital, Southwick Hill Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.