The Totnes Community Mental Health Team is looking to recruit two full time (part time will be considered) band 6 Senior Mental Health Practitioner. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic, motivated and skilled team and you'll be helping the team build upon the successful work it has already done as it begins to implement the Community Mental Health Framework. This exciting work encompasses a greater co production of care and treatment with our colleagues in primary care alongside the volunteer and 3rd sector, and this role will be at the centre of this innovative work.
- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
This is a permanent position in beautiful south Devon, and you'll be joining Devon Partnership Trust, which encompasses coastal, urban and rural demographics that combine to make this a fascinating and beautiful area to work.
This is a really great opportunity to join the team at an exciting time as we work towards transforming our community service so that we offer the best and most comprehensive care to the people of Totnes/South Dartmoor and the South Hams.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£32,306 - £39,027 per annum pro rata (Band 6) About you
You will be passionate about making a difference to people’s lives. You will directly support people in their ongoing recovery, managing a defined and complex caseload on a care-coordination basis, providing expert assessment and treatment which fully involves families and carers where appropriate.
As a care-coordinator you will become an advocate for the people in your care, supporting and signposting them, so they can get back into employment or access housing, focusing on their recovery and helping them live the life they want to live. The location
Your base will be in Totnes, however under the current COVID-19 conditions this may be subject to alternative arrangements/change for example home working. Please be assured that any alternatives will be discussed fully with you and the organisation. Please ask the appointing manager if you have any questions. About us
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
You’ll be part of a team that is compassionate and supportive, and genuinely committed to working together with the people who use our services, their families and carers in everything that we say and do. Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service with the NHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Devon offers beautiful coastal and countryside locations with a wide range of social & leisure opportunities. This ranges from some of the best beaches in the Country, The Moors, Canals and rivers all of which can be accessed easily via foot, car, bike or boat.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.