We are looking for experienced Community Band5 Nurses to work on a temporary basis, as and when required, who will support the team, department and organisation to achieve the Trust's mission of best care by the best people.
You should have recent community experience and will need to be a reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is able to integrate quickly and work as part of the team. You will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.Ability to travel effectively and efficiently throughout all localities and surrounding areas is integral to the post.
Please ensure you meet the person specifications and have the relevant qualifications required for the role.Main duties of the job
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provide nursing care to patients as delegated by the Senior Nurse. Evaluate care plans and assess on-going needs within own level of competency.2. Observe, record and report all changes to other members of the team within twenty-four hours.3. Awareness of current evidence based approaches to patient care and demonstrates this in practice.4. Work in partnership with the patient to achieve optimum levels of self-care as agreed on nursing care plan.5. Document changes accordingly on the care plan which are dependent upon competencies in agreement with the Senior Nurse.6. Demonstrate, teach and supervise the nursing care that families can safely undertake, advising as necessary in line with own competency.7. Advise the family on prevention of illness and accidents within own level of competency.8. Under the guidance of the Senior Nurse assess the need for service aids and equipment and to ensure that those provided are used appropriately and safely.9. Ensure that the service aids and equipment are used in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and to notify all known hazards to appropriate personnel.10.Report to the Senior Nurse any deficiency in the provision of service aids and equipment.11.Maintain accurate nursing records in accordance with NMC and Trust policy.12.Actively participate in the Intravenous Therapy Service at home and manage patients accordingly.About us
We operate a Temporary Staffing service and offer our Bank Staff excellent benefits including:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Competitive hourly rates and weekly pay
- Access to paid annual leave and statutory sick pay
- My Trust Benefits discount scheme
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- Paid mandatory training
- Opportunities for locally agreed training
- Flexibility of hours/location
- Priority over agency staff for booking shifts
- Free uniform
- Opportunity to apply for permanent posts.
The main duties of this post are outlined fully below and in the attached job description COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential ExperienceEssential
- Experience working as a community/District nurse or equivalent
- Able to deliver core service requirement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to the provision of high quality care
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
London and Essex
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.