We are looking to recruit Band 5, registered nurses to join our expanding temporary staff bank service to support our Inpatient teams in the following areas:Alistair Farquharson Centre, Thurrock HospitalBrentwood Community HospitalMayflower Community Hospital, BillericayFoxglove Ward, King Georges HospitalGrays Court Ward 1& 3, Dagenham HospitalHeronwood and Galleon, Wanstead HospitalAinslie rehabilitation unit, Chingford
You will be involved in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and must have recent clinical experience, ideally in a community or community hospital setting. You will need to be a reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.Main duties of the job
Main duties include but are not limited to:
1. To be responsible for organising and prioritising own and others workload in the day to day allocation of work.
2. To deputise when required in the team managers absence and delegate appropriately to health care assistants.
3. To have organisational knowledge relating to Trust protocols and procedures and adhere to them, particularly administration of medicine and moving and handling.
4. To be responsible for providing accurate records of information required by the Trust for audit purposes.
5. To ensure effective risk management at team level by accident/incident reporting, assessing and controlling risk and ensuring residual risks are added to the Trust register.About usDo you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care
for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We operate a temporary staffing service and can offer competitive hourly rates, flexibility of shifts and hours, access to the NHS pension scheme, variety of work and access to training opportunities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The main duties of the post are outlined fully in the attached job description. COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
- Relevant experience of working as part of an inpatient team
- An awareness of NHS Plan, NSF and clinical governance priorities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic awareness of IT and IT skills
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
London and Essex
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.