An exciting opportunity has arisen for a well organised, efficient individual to provide operational support. You will be providing high calibre administration and business support to the Management Team.
The role is fast paced, requiring resilience, accuracy, and the ability to work under pressure. You will be able to organise your own workload to meet the demands of a reactive and busy environment.
Confidentiality must be maintained at all times and being a good communicator is also key.
This is a great opportunity to take on a rewarding role, if you are an enthusiastic individual who is keen to join our exciting Team and support our District Nursing, Bladder & Bowel and Frailty Teams.
This is a permanent post, 37.5 hours per week, which may include working weekends and bank holidays across all community sites, depending on service need. These areas include Bexhill, Hastings, Rother, Seaford, Hailsham and Eastbourne. The ability to travel independently will be essential.Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will be expected to:
- Efficiently manage referrals in line with Trust and National Policies, ensuring proper documentation following information governance principles
- Facilitate smooth patient flow, monitoring waiting times and response times while developing processes for efficiency and care quality
- Assist in maintaining governance by overseeing training, risk assessments, staff development, complaints, and incidents
- Drive projects for service innovation and improvement, supporting clinicians in clinical audit administration
- Compile and analyse service performance data, reporting to Administration Team Lead
- Collaborate closely with team leads to enhance caseload productivity and patient flow
District Nursing in the Community Health and Integrated Care (CHIC) Division is committed to the continuous development of staff and services for the benefit of patients and to providing a comprehensive service of the highest possible quality.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationSkills / Knowledge / AbilitiesEssential
- Recruitment, selection and management skills
- Knowledge of an NHS working environment
- Project management skills
- Report writing skills
- Awareness of Trust Policies
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- IT qualification or evidence of equivalent training / skill
- Management qualification (diploma / NVQ4) or proven equivalent training and experience
- Knowledge of effective caseload management, referral to treatment time for community nursing and KPI targets
- Trained in SystmOne, Meridian, Datix, Health roster
- NHS Management or Leadership Training
- Evidence of on-going relevant CPD
- Proven NHS administration experience
- Use of computerised and manual record systems
- Data analysis and reporting
- Previous managerial experience, managing and developing staff
- Experience of working in a busy environment and meeting deadlines
- Experience of Managing staff within NHS/Public Sector Org
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experience of compliance monitoring
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car owner/driver
- Requirement to be rostered onto weekends, bank holidays and evenings, to cover 7 day service needs
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Arthur Blackman Clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.