An opportunity has arisen for a mental health practitioner skilled and experienced with children, young people and families to take on the role of a full time Band 7 CAMHS Primary Mental Health Specialist located in the East & Central Families in Focus team.
As a fully registered CAMHS Specialist in this team you will show enthusiasm, humour and acceptance and will have excellent clinical, therapeutic, and communication skills. You will facilitate and provide mental health assessments of children and young people open to social care and you will lead multi agency meetings and consultations with frontline social care staff. You will engage in direct therapeutic work with children and carers/parents and will self manage a caseload. You will design and deliver presentations and training events for other professionals and carers/parents as required.
If you want to improve the outcomes for Bristol children and families, meet the application criteria and are interested in this position we look forward to receiving your application.Main duties of the job
Mental health consultation with frontline Families in Focus practitioners
Provision of specialist mental health training
Direct therapeutic work with a caseload of children, young people and families
Input into CAMHS triageAbout us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Assess mental health need and risks (for example self-harm and serious mental illness) in children and young people and to develop, implement and evaluate therapeutic interventions (including brief interventions).
- Skill in individual and family therapeutic work, with children, young people and their families.
- Provide consultation in multi-agency settings
- Deliver training to professionals/parent/careers
- Work independently and manage own caseload
- Work in multi settings e.g. CAMHS, Families in Focus, schools
- Contribute to wider CAMHS referral and triage processes
- Post qualifying CAMHS experience
- Multi Agency Working
- Provision of Consultation
- Ability to work clinically with risk
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Provision of training
- Working in health and social care settings
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Barton Hill Settlement
43 Ducie Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.