We are committed to developing our services and as such are advertising for a Band 7 Clinical Coordinator to lead the team in Anaesthetics within the Inpatient and Obstetric Theatres, here at the Princess Royal University Hospital. We are enthusiastic to improve retention and develop our existing colleagues, whilst also welcoming new staff to the department.
We are seeking a qualified, professional person to lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary theatre team. As a key member of the theatre team you will deliver high standards of peri-operative care as well as supporting the theatre practitioners to deliver excellent patient care. You could be the key to our success.
You must be a theatre clinical expert, with Anaesthetic experience. You will have been working at Band 6 level or above and have some expertise in supporting anaesthetics in general, laparoscopic, urology, trauma and orthopaedic, gynaecology, emergency and obstetric surgery. Post registration education in teaching skills (e.g. Practice Assessor / Mentorship qualifications) is essential.
We are keen to hear from applicants who have leadership and management skills at Band 6 or above. Plus the ability to promote and maintain high standards of peri-operative care for patients while at the same time being friendly, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Please note - previous applicants need not applyMain duties of the job
We are seeking a qualified, professional person to lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary theatre team. As a key member of the theatre team you will deliver high standards of peri-operative care as well as supporting the theatre practitioners to deliver excellent patient care.
You must be a theatre clinical expert, with Anaesthetic experience. You will have been working at Band 6 level or above and have some expertise in supporting anaesthetics in general, laparoscopic, urology, trauma and orthopaedic, gynaecology, emergency and obstetric surgery. Post registration education in teaching skills (e.g. Practice Assessor / Mentorship qualifications) is essential.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c�1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and around 14,000 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King's College Hospital (KCH) sites at Denmark Hill in Camberwell and at the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible.
The trust-wide strategy Strong Roots, Global Reachis our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we can take Team King's to another level.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Description Job Title :
Theatre Clinical Coordinator, Anaesthetics. Department :
In-Patient Theatres Division :
Surgery Theatres Anaesthetics & Endoscopy Band / Grade :
7 Responsible to :
Theatre Matron Accountable to :
Lead Nurse / Senior Head of Nursing Location :
In-patient Theatres Princess Royal University Hospital Qualifications :
Registered Nurse Level 1 or ODP,
UK recognised Nursing/ODP degree (or equivalent) or working towards completion or evidence of commitment to a degree pathway completion (level 6 study).
The post holder must be an RN (1) and is therefore bound by the NMC Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors OR a registered ODP and is therefore bound by the Health and Care Professions Council [HCPC] Standards Job Summary
- To work as an expert practitioner in Perioperative Care and act as an effective role model for best practice.
- To demonstrate effective leadership and motivation of staff.
- To lead and co-ordinate the departmental team, taking continuing responsibility for the management and organisation of the clinical area.
- To have continuing responsibility for the assessment of patient healthcare needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- To ensure a high standard of Perioperative Care and the well-being of patients at all times.
- To be responsible for direct management of delegated staff, ensuring robust staff management and performance.
- To be responsible for managing the designated budgets.
- To act up for the Matron as and when required.
- The post holder has a general duty of care for their own health, safety and wellbeing and that of work colleagues, visitors and patients within the hospital, in addition to any specific risk management or clinical governance accountabilities associated with this post.
- To observe the rules, policies, procedures and standards of King's College Hospital NHS Trust together with all relevant statutory and professional obligations.
- To live and role model the Kings Values of being a kind respectful team:
. We show compassion and understanding and bring a positive attitude to our work. Respectful
. We promote equality, are inclusive and honest, speaking up when needed. Team
. We support each other, communicate openly, and are reassuringly professional.Person SpecificationEssential and DesirableEssential
- RN or Registered ODP
- UK recognised Degree in Nursing / ODP or equivalent or evidence of commitment to a degree pathway completion at level 6 study, or willingness to undertake a degree pathway.
- Has demonstrated leadership skills in a supervisory / team leader context
- Clinical Expert in Anaesthetics / Airway Course
- Evidence of CPD
- Practice Assessor / Mentorship
- Significant and proven clinical management skills within Anaesthetics
- Understanding of HR systems
- Experience of Audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in quality initiatives
- Experience / knowledge of budget
- Able to analyse and interpret a variety of forms of information in an effective manner and plan appropriate action.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Royal University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.