We have an excellent opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join our Acute Rehabilitation Unit in the Country!
We have an amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients that have sustained life changing injuries. If you are an existing Nurse with Neurosurgical and Rehabilitation experience and skills, with a desire to further develop specialty knowledge and experience, we may have just what you are looking for.
You will be joining our existing team of Specialist Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Neuropsychologists as well as Speech and Language Therapists , you will at the same time be able to access dedicated Specialist Practice Development support.
We can't wait to hear from you!Main duties of the job
To manage and co-ordinate Nursing care and to provide a safe and effective level of patient care
You will assist with the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care using agreed frameworks
You will participate in the supervision and teaching of qualified and unqualified staff, including students
You will regularly take charge of the Ward on an internal rotation system, as well as deputising for the Ward Manager across the full range of Ward Management
You will manage and coordinate the Nursing team and thrive to provide safe and effective patient careAbout usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values ofTogether - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Closing date is midnight on 10th December 2023
Interviews are due to be held in the week commencing 19th December 2023 Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Benefits to you
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
Please note:- Internal applicants on permanent contracts can only apply for this post as a secondment and must have the approval of your current line manager before applying.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered Nurse with previous experience in Neurosciences and/or Trauma/Orthopaedics
- Evidence of maintaining a portfolio in accordance with PREP requirements
- Introduction to Management course
- Evidence of a teaching qualification
- Diploma in Neuromedical/Neurosurgical or Trauma/Orthopaedic Nursing or evidence of working towards this
- In depth knowledge of clinical practice
- Evidence of mentorship/preceptorship roles
- Accept personal accountability for own practice
- Experience of formal/informal teaching
- Management of 'Change' experience within the workplace
- Commitment to and evidence of professional and personal development
- Awareness of reflective practice
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working as an integral member of a small team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations due to both workload and colleagues needs
- Ability to undertake teaching of staff and patients
- Leadership skills
- Committed to the development of junior staff
- Assertiveness/perceptive counselling skills
- Documentation, audit and presentation skills
- Participation in the appraisal/PDP process
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
- To act in a professional manner at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct
- Contact with patients in a clinical environment
- Regular contact with patients who are immunosuppressed/Infectious
- Essential use of Latex gloves
- Manual Handling
- Shift work or night shifts
- Requirement to perform control and restraint procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Representation of ward/service centre in broader initiatives
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division D
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.