The Surgical division at the Bristol Royal infirmary are inviting applications from experienced and ambitious candidates for the role of Performance and Operations Manager to join our successful team.
We are looking for a hard-working individual who is enthusiastic and committed to delivering exceptional patient care. The post holder will lead the operational aspects of the service and work closely with the Assistant General Manager and divisional management team, using continuous service improvement to deliver the strategic objectives and recovery plan for our patients.
The successful candidate will have experience of providing operational service management and developing others. They will have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with patients and internal and external colleagues. If you are looking for a fast-paced role, with the opportunity for personal development within a supportive team we would welcome your application.
This post is available as a full time post.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the effective management of the Endoscopy service across the Bristol and Weston sites at UHBW. They will support the delivery of safe, high quality, patient-centred care and promote a positive working environment for staff.
They will oversee Endoscopy performance and will lead the overall management of all administrative teams. The post holder will manage these teams to ensure high quality scheduling of activity, including proactive patient level management of diagnostic, 18-week referral to treatment (RTT) and Non RTT pathways. Working closely with a range of colleagues from all disciplines, the post holder will plan and co-ordinate resources within Endoscopy to ensure safe delivery of care, positive patient experiences, and achievement of access targets in line with Trust objectives.
The post holder will be responsible for monitoring demand and capacity to ensure that the Trust delivers responsive and high quality services. The post holder will also ensure that patients are managed in line with Trust policies and national standards for booking.
There is an expectation that the post holder will support the Assistant General manager with service improvement and will work closely with clinical and non-clinical colleagues to support a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationSkills and abilitiesEssential
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people and to build credibility quickly
- Knowledge of current NHS issues, including performance targets
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems and to develop practical and workable solutions to address them
- Ability to think and plan tactically and creatively to prioritise work programs in the face of competing demands and within resources
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong sense of personal and team accountability
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to produce and present analytical reports
- Well-developed leadership and influencing skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individuals and teams, and communicate performance expectations
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- A demonstrable capacity and capability for operational management in an acute hospital environment, or similarly complex organisation, including staff management, financial management and change management
- Significant experience of budgetary management, including knowledge of contract income
- Experience and proven ability in managing organisational / service change with and through teams, by engaging them in development and delivery plans, establishing clear work priorities, delegating effectively, ensuring a capability to deliver, monitoring performance and giving feedback
- Management of waiting lists and/or performance targets
- NHS or public sector experience or equivalent experience
- Acute sector operational experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to make quick decisions when required, processing complex information
- Sympathetic, compassionate attitude and strong listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of integrity and reliability
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary and Weston General Hospital
Upper Maudlin Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.