Locum Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fixed Term, 12 months Based at Innovation Park, L7 Full time (although part time/less than full time will be considered)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for us to appoint a full time Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. The post will be based within the Liverpool CAMHS team at Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The consultant is primarily responsible for delivering a high-quality clinical service, as well as contributing to the leadership and strategic development of the service. The postholder will have the opportunity to take on the role of clinical supervisor for a trainee and/or trust grade doctor based within the service.
The appointee will work full time within Liverpool CAMHS and will have a case load of approximately 60 young people. One day per week will be job planned for non-clinical activities.
For further information related to this role, please refer to the job descriptionAbout usAbout Liverpool CAMHS
The team provide support to Children and Young People up to the age of 18 with a Liverpool GP, as well as their families and professionals involved in their care. The team comprises of four multi-disciplinary teams which include staff from varied backgrounds, including psychology, psychiatry, social work, nursing and psychotherapy. In addition, our team members are trained in a wealth of different therapeutic interventions and approaches, making the teams truly multi-disciplinary.
We work very closely with the 24hr Crisis Care Team, Eating Disorder team and Sefton CAMHS colleagues, Community Paediatrics, Hospital Paediatrics, Allied Health Professionals and Social Care to provide a comprehensive service for Children and Young People.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this role, please refer to the job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationEduation and TrainingEssential
- -Full GMC registration, licence to practice with inclusion on GMC specialist register (or eligible for or within 6 months of eligibility for)
- -Primary medical degree
- -Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- -Approved under S12 OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- -Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research, or management
- -Additional clinical qualifications
- -Excellent knowledge in specialty
- -Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- -Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- -Ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- -Ability to make decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- -Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- -Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post
- -Ability to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training
- -Ability to work in, and lead a team
- -Ability to supervise the clinical work of doctors in training and other staff
- -Ability to organise and prioritise personal workload and that of others.
- -Ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to relate to patients and carers from a wide range of backgrounds and to empathise with their needs and concerns.
- Evidence of being a team player and effective communicator as part of a multiagency team
- -Leadership: ability to develop a vision and lead the change that brings it into effect within a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency context
- -Effective time management, ability to work under pressure
- -Well-developed reflective and self-care skills and ability to foster these attributes in others
- -Ability to share knowledge and difficulties with colleagues
- -Awards/presentations/ publications
- -Experienced in clinical research/service evaluation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- -Self-motivated to set and achieve targets
- -Flexible in regard to teamwork
- -Effective member of multidisciplinary team
- -Demonstrable evidence of ongoing commitment to personal and professional development
- -Demonstrable evidence of ongoing commitment to the development of a high quality service
- -Flexible, adaptable, thorough and resilient
- -Demonstrable evidence of ongoing commitment to clinical governance
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Babbage House, Innovation Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.