We are looking for highly skilled, compassionate and forward thinking Care Home Matron to join our care home support team.
The successful candidate will work with the Blackpool South neighbourhood to support the care home residents in this area. The position is a permanent position.
It is the expectation that the successful applicant has achieved their non medical prescriber V300 certificate and is in possession of the clinical examinations skills module.Main duties of the job
To support care home residents with responsibility for planning, managing and co-ordinating the care of those with highly complex needs and long term conditions . The post has recently become a more reactive post with elements to reduce hospital admission and supporting the GP processes.
The role will also entail supporting the members of the team and the wider PCN services to deliver enhanced care in care homes, supporting any proactive work around anticipatory care plans - and providing training and support to homes as needed.
A primary objective will be to work collaboratively with care homes, the acute hospital and community teams to ensure that residents receive the right care, at the right time in the right place.
We are looking for someone with excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills, and a strong quality improvement focus- as well as the ability to analyse and interpret data.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJOB SUMMARY
- A member of the integrated Neighbourhood working within their linked care homes and would tailor the support to the needs of the care home cohort using their own initiative and organisational skills to complete tasks. Visit residents face to face, telephone contact or Telehealth virtually based.
- The post holder will have a clinical role with responsibility for planning, managing and co-ordinating the care of people in care homes with highly complex needs and long-term conditions and will work within the Enhanced Health in care homes strategy. Ability to build relationships in care homes is essential.
- This senior role is required to be an innovator, leader, and mentor and to understand the local and national care home agenda. The functions of the role would need to include both proactive and reactive interventions.
- Inherent in the role is the requirement that all post holders will have completed training in clinical investigation skills and competences in non medical V300 prescribing and medicines management.
Understanding of how to manage cognitive impairment, supporting selfcare, management and leadership skills in line with the Department of Health competency framework for Community MatronsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level Registered Nurse or Health Care Professional with current registration with the NMC or HCPC
- Ability to work within PGDs
- Completion of CPD module at level 6 in clinical investigation skills
- Leadership training (LEO/LPC) or equivalent experience
- Non-medical prescribing qualification V300
- Degree or module in health -related topic
- Teaching qualification
- Advanced communication module
- Ability to be able to complete DNARCPR when required.
- Evidence of extensive expert professional/ clinical knowledge in Care Homes and Frameworks.
- Effective communicator able to communicate complex and highly sensitive information
- Evidence of effective people management and leadership skills
- Evidence of managing staff and multidisciplinary teams
- Evidence of relevant involvement in maintaining clinical governance
- Be able to demonstrate the skill to integrate teams from a variety of backgrounds to integrate the social and health agenda
- Evidence of working at a senior position within a long-term condition field
- Can demonstrate assertiveness, tact, and diplomacy appropriately
- Evidence of involvement in policy and practice change
- Computer Literacy
- Modules in or experience of quality improvement
- Prioritise against tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Work on own initiative
- Identify trends for analysis
- Deal with confidential information
- Work as part of the multi- disciplinary team
- Prioritise and demonstrate effective time management and organisational skills
- Actively manage gaps in rota's due to annual leave, sickness etc.
- Influence & Motivate others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivation skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict and problem solving
- Flexible and mature approach to working
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Ensures that own actions support equality, diversity, rights and maintain quality.
- Ability to work within professional guidelines and code of conduct
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
South Shore Primary Care centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.