Divisional Finance Manager - Band 7 (Full time Vacancy)
North Bristol NHS Trust is a major acute teaching hospital and centre of excellence in many fields with an annual turnover of �800m. Our reason for existing as an organisation is to put the patient first by delivering outstanding patient experience.
Are you interested in?
- Supporting the delivery of excellent healthcare
- Helping frontline operational teams to better understand what resources are available to them to improve their services
- Using your analytical skills to help divisional teams make good decisions around changes to how services are delivered
- Building strong working relationships and being a trusted advisor on financial management to a broad range of non-financial managers
If so, then this could be the role for you!
The Finance team at North Bristol NHS Trust is looking for a dedicated and innovative self-starter to work closely with the Divisional Finance Business Partner and Divisional Leadership Team on managing, reporting, and forecasting the Divisional financial position. You will work in the Financial Management team and manage a small Divisional Management Accounts team focussing on producing the monthly financial position and providing strong financial management, advice, and guidance to the Divisional team.
Please note that interviews will take place on week commencing 18th December 2023.Main duties of the job
The Divisional Finance Manager role is within one of six divisional finance teams in Financial Management. This role provides an excellent opportunity to have a real, tangible, and positive impact on operational activities and patient care.
In this role, you will report into the Senior Divisional Finance Manager and work closely with the Finance Business Partner for the Division.
This role is suitable for any candidate with a good understanding of management accounting and who is looking to develop their analytical skills and broaden their experience of working with operational staff.
You should be a qualified CCAB accountant (or finalist) with a good track record of delivering results within a large complex environment. Previous NHS experience is not required*
*Please note that any applicants who are not yet exam qualified will be offered a band 6 until exams are passed.About us
NBT Finance is a progressive team, an excellent place to work and a gateway to further opportunities in your NHS career.
The NHS offers a competitive range of benefits to employees:
- Salary between �43,742-50,056 (if exam qualified)
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave minimum (plus bank holidays) rising to 33 days with up to 10 years NHS experience
- Staff extracurricular activities - Southmead charity events
- Access to the NHS Childcare Salary Sacrifice Scheme and on-site nursery through salary sacrifice (limited number of placements)
The post is contractually based at Christopher Hancock Building, Southmead, and at present we have a hybrid working model of remote working and office based when necessary. The requirement of office-based working can vary depending on current pressures and departmental needs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
37.5 hours per week
As a Divisional Finance Manager, you will:
- Oversee monthly financial reporting process to produce accurate information in a timely manner
- Produce Divisional finance plans and forecasts
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide a business partnering service to the Division
- Provide analytical support to the Division to maximise the efficient use of resources
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of using appropriate data and information (financial and non-financial) to improve productivity, efficiency and facilitate decision making
- Leading and managing a team ensuring development plans are in place to ensure a high quality of service is delivered
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience of working in an innovative finance function
- Confidence in understanding and analysing large data sets
- Good understanding of Financial Management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, tailored appropriately to the audience
Please see the detailed job description and person specification for further details.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of managing staff
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Christopher Hancock Building
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.