- Are you someone looking for a career in one of the UK's most respected mental health and learning disability trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to making a difference to people’s lives to enjoy a better future?
- Have you ever considered transferring your nursing expertise into the field of mental health?
We are looking for RN(A) / RGN to join Devon Partnership Trust across a variety of teams and locations. This opportunity is open for both band 5 and 6 positions.
The NMC allows nurses to work across a variety of settings including areas outside of those traditionally associated with your area of registration. At DPT we are excited to bring nurses from an adult nursing/general nursing background into mental health to work alongside registered mental health nurses on an equal footing, without having to undertake a conversion programme.
We are looking for RN(A)/RGN with experience of working with people with mental health problems who would like to take the opportunity to come and work under their existing registration in a mental health setting.
In collaboration with Health Education England, DPT have developed a practice transition programme which you will undertake upon joining. This programme will forward you the opportunity to transfer your adult nursing skills. You will be supported in doing this by your manager, team and dedicated practice educator. Upon completion of the programme, we will issue you with a certificate certifying that you have equal standing and status with registered mental health nurses.
This is an incredible opportunity to establish a career with Devon Partnership NHS Trust, in one of the country’s most exciting and progressive mental health and learning disability trusts.
You will become part of a supportive multi-disciplinary team, using your skills and experience to help define and deliver a package of care to people on one of our mixed gender wards that helps them on their road to recovery. We believe that with our help, people can improve their mental health, to recover independence and return to their local community.
We will encourage and help you to learn, develop and grow in this role.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
You will have experience of working with people experiencing mental health difficulties, relevant to the grade of which you are applying. Examples would be:
- Working in a physical health role within a mental health service,
- Working within a substance misuse service,
- Experience working closely with people experiencing mental health problems within an acute medical setting, for example:
Areas specialising treating people with eating disorders,
Areas treating people with alcohol related physical health problems,
Emergency department. Mental health is a fundamental part of all of our wellbeing, if you have experience outside of those listed above please make contact to discuss with the team.
You’ll have excellent communication skills, a commitment to working flexibly and be happy to participate in the internal 24 hours, 7 day a week rota to meet the needs of people who use our services.
We have no preconceptions about the people we employ. What matters to us is your passion, commitment and determination to succeed and being able to demonstrate you share our values and those of the NHS. We will assess this at interview.
If you are committed to providing person-centred care and a focus recovery we believe that with your help and dedication, people can improve their mental health, recover independence and return to living a meaningful life.
We will repay your commitment with opportunities for training and personal development, as well as offering you enough time to enjoy the incredible lifestyle you get in Devon. Please submit an application at the earliest opportunity as we will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and offering shortlisted candidates an interview date as soon as possible.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll become part of an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability.
This is an exciting time for Devon Partnership NHS Trust as we continue to expand existing services and launch new mental health services across Devon
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our staff networks
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Great place to work. Great place to live
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.