Through advancement & progression of our current staff an opportunity has arisen for a Band 5 Staff Nurse to join the Kirkham community nursing team.
If you are innovative, enthusiastic, have a positive attitude to change and you are an excellent team player, we would like you to join our team to enable us to provide high quality, patient centred, holistic nursing care.
NMC Level 1 Registration (Adult Branch) & Enhanced DBS clearance required.
IT skills and car driver essential. Previous applicants need not applyMain duties of the job
As a community nurse you will gain a unique set of skills. As a team we will support you to gain these skills by providing appropriate extra training.
We will also provide the following to ensure your transition to a new area / team is as smooth as possible by:
- Robust induction period
- Preceptorship programme
- Protected supernumerary time
- Clinical 1 to 1 and supervision sessions with Clinical Lead
- In House and external training provision.
The main duties of the role are to provide holistic, patient centred, evidence based care to individuals in their own home setting. This will include:
- Administration of medications
- Care of the elderly
- Palliative care and assessment of needs
- Syringe driver management
- Central line care
- PEG care
- Wound care
- Drain management
- Venous & arterial leg ulcer care including doppler and compression
- Catheter & nephrostomy care
- Holistic assessments and risk bundles
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a large, integrated provider of acute and community services to the 445,000 population of the Fylde coast health economy and the estimated 11 million visitors to the seaside town of Blackpool. With patients and families at the heart of all we do, we are committed to creating a culture that empowers our staff and inspires us all to deliver first class clinical care. We form a central part of the Healthier Fylde Coast Integrated Care Partnership and our progressive approach to partnership working in the area provides an enviable opportunity to redesign and deliver services that meet the challenges of today's health system.
We are not underestimating the challenges facing today's health system but believe there are the foundations here in Blackpool to deliver truly excellent, integrated services that can make a major impact on the lives of the thousands of people we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the individual requirements of patients and carers referred to District Nursing
Provide a high standard of evidence based nursing care to patients in the Community.
Use a high level of communication skills with patients and their families, including those with English as a second language or learning disabilities.
Actively seek to promote health both individually and to patients and carers.
Administer drugs within NMC guidelines. Please read the full job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Registered Nurse level 1
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- V 150 Non-medical prescriber or willing to undertake.
- Mentorship qualification
- NVQ Assessor
- Able to deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to Identify and assess patients needs.
- Ability to use resources appropriately.
Skills and AbilityEssential
- 18-24 months community experience.
- Multidisciplinary working
- Chronic disease management
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good team worker
- Ability to organize self and others by prioritizing and delegating as needed
- Good time management skills
- Ability to teach
- IT literate
- Clinical audit knowledge or ability to participate.
- Willing to develop professionally
- Up to date knowledge of current NHS issues and aware of current trends in the NHS.
- Confident decision maker
- Good communication skills
- Able to make decisions on evidence based practice
- Able to communicate sensitive information to patients
- Ability to ensure equality and value diversity
- Understand implications of lone working
- Adaptable and Enthusiastic
- Flexible attitude to work
- Car owner/driver or suitable alternative transport to enable you to undertake the job
- Evidence of self-development
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kirkham Clinic, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.