We are delighted to offer the opportunity for an ambitious, strong senior midwifery leader to become the Director of Midwifery at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHT).
We are a large multi-site acute Trust based in North West London. We have five hospitals over four sites and are very proud of the care we provide to our local community as well as specialist sector services across London and beyond. Maternity services are based across two sites - St Mary's Hospital and Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea Hospital (Hammersmith Hospital). These services were rated outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
We have a strong track record in education and research for midwives and nurses and you will be joining a team who are passionate about maternity services and who are keen to build on our success.
As the Director of Midwifery you will be the most senior midwife in the Trust and play a key role at divisional and executive level to take our maternity services forward.
So, if you are an advocate for high-quality and safe maternity services, can work well in a team and lead work across the Trust, ICS and region, then this is the job for you.
Interview date TBC.
For a conversation in confidence or further information about this position, please contact Executive Chief Nurse, Janice Sigsworth by contacting Melanie Woodfield-Bailey her EAmelanie.firstname.lastname@example.org the Divisional Director Amrish Mehta by contacting his EA Davina Carrolldavina.email@example.comMain duties of the job
As the Director of Midwifery (DoM) you will be the most senior midwife at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHT).
The DoM provides corporate, strategic and professional leadership for the delivery of maternity services. In partnership with the Maternity Directorate Triumvirate - the General Manager, Clinical Director and Deputy Director of Midwifery, you will link the strategic and operational objectives to ensure high quality and safe maternity services. There are three broad aims of the role:
- Professional leader for midwives, maternity and neonatology nurses.
- Advocate for safe, high quality maternity care in partnership with maternity providers across NWL/London, Maternity Voices Partnership (MVP), Local Maternity and Neonatal System (LMNS) and education providers
- Collaboratively with the maternity triumvirate, lead on strategy development and support operational delivery of maternity services.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- NMC Registration - Midwife
- Recognised management/ leadership qualification at post-graduate level and/or relevant experience.
- Critical care experience
- Experience of providing strong leadership and creating a positive and inclusive service and workforce culture.
- Experience of operational and staff management in the NHS within Midwifery / Maternity Services
- A track record of delivering strategic change and improvements in clinical services.
- Experience of developing a positive clinical practice environment, empowering all maternity services to deliver high-quality and safe care
- Experience of dealing with conflict and working with colleagues to agree remedial action as required.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience of cost reduction delivery.
- Evidencing a track record of developing an inclusive workforce and delivering high professional standards.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of Director of Midwifery/HOM role
- ICS/Regional experience
- Experience of working with Non-Executive Directors (NEDs)
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.