This is a new band 6 post created during the redesign of the Nutrition & Dietetic service. You will work as a NELFT Prescribing Support Dietitian and monitor, audit and maximise efficiencies in nutrition support. You will also provide dietetic input across the Borough of Waltham Forest & NELFT and consolidate your experience in nutrition support by working closely with the Care Closer to Home Programme within NELFT.
The candidate must have the following
Main duties of the job
- HCPC registration
- Recognised Dietetic degree qualification or equivalent.
- Clinical knowledge & experience across a variety of disease states and in the use of oral nutritional supplements/enteral feeding.
- Effective organisational skills- to be able to prioritise and manage own workload within time and financial constraints
To develop and manage a care pathway to support appropriate prescribing of oral nutrition supplements within Waltham Forest. This will entail advising GP's and healthcare practitioners on the use of ONS and enteral feeds and also giving face to face reviews and consultations to those on sip feeds.
The support and management of the band 5 team, who also work with nursing & residential homes, students and Dietetic Assistants are key to this role.
Also integral to this role is the development of strong relationships with Medicines Management, GP's, nursing and residential homes and the Care Closer to Home programme staff.About us
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on this vacancy.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential Desirable
- Aptitude for systems and data management
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered as a dietitian with the HCPC
- Membership of the British Dietetic Association
- Membership of appropriate professional group LPP
- Malnutrition case management within the community
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Pathway development experience
- Student or junior staff management experience
- 2 year experience at band 5
- Policy awareness - NHS prescribing processes, AHP long term plan
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced knowledge of data handling via Excel / Access or similar
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Chingford Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.