CAMHS Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist - Independent Non-Medical Prescriber
30 hours per week (will consider 3 days up to full-time for successful candidate)
We are looking for a motivated mental health nurse to join our South Gloucestershire CAMHS locality team based at Kingswood Hub and Patchway Hub. You will have a professional nursing qualification and professional body registration. You will also have experience of working with children and young people, preferably within a community CAMHS service and/or significant experience within adult mental health services.
South Gloucestershire CAMHS has radically transformed in recent years evidenced by our recent improved CQC rating to Good. This includes significantly improved waiting times improved staff retention fantastic team skill mix and opportunities for innovative practice. A recent example is producing a series of professionally filmed videos to provide an online group and resources for young people experiencing emotional dysregulation. We also strive to provide compassionate leadership as we recognize the importance of staff well-being. Main duties of the job
We are a supportive, experiencedand progressive multi-disciplinaryteam. We offer individual, family and group interventions which may be time limitedor longer term therapies according to need. You will have the opportunity to develop skills assessing children, young people and families and ensuring they receive evidence based and effective interventions in a timely manner.
As an Independent Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) you will assist in triaging, assessing and treating children and young people referred to our prescribing team. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and be supported by our experienced team of prescribers including Consultant Nurse and Consultant Psychiatrists.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To work as an Independent Non-Medical Prescriber in partnership with the service user and act as lead specialist in Non-Medical Prescribing for service users with enduring Mental health conditions.Conducting assessments with service users and carers, care co-ordinating, long term casework.Working collaboratively with other disciplines and other teams in the locality are essential.Ensure a comprehensive service is provided to the local population.As a senior member of the team the post holder will need to demonstrate sound leadership skills and be able to manage high levels of responsibilityPerson SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Relevant nursing professional qualification
- Maintenance of appropriate professional registration (NMC)
- NMP qualification with experience post training of prescribing
- oPost qualification experience of providing mental health assessment, treatment and consultation service to children, young people and/or adults with severe, complex and enduring mental health and/or neurodevelopmental difficulties.
- Ability to provide a direct highly specialist assessment and treatment service to children with complex emotional and behavioural difficulties and their families or their professional carers.
- Experince of multi-disciplinary working preferably within a mental health setting
- Post qualification experience in a community CAMHS setting
- Ability to work with children, young people and families from a wide range of social, cultural and minority ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to organise and prioritise client caseload
- Skilled in Clinical Risk assessment and management in relation to mental health including experience of managing self-injurious behaviour.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.