We are looking for an experienced and dynamic speech language therapist to join our speech language therapy team. The position is a job share based in Bronylls Hospital in Powys, working within the Adults with Learning Disability Team.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have wide experience working with adults with learning disability and management of communication issues and dysphagia.
We are looking for someone who can deliver high quality care as well as influence strategy and development of service delivery. Wide experience of developing and delivering training is essential.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
you can personally and professionally grow, where patients are at the heart of care provision. If you are an ambitious professional in search of job satisfaction, Powys is the place to be. Whatever your career aspirations, we are committed to supporting and developing you.
Powys Teaching Health Board is responsible for meeting the health and wellbeing needs of the population of Powys. Powys is the largest county in Wales with Snowdonia to the North and the Brecon Beacons to the South, the spectacular scenery is something to behold. Working in partnership, we commission and provide award-winning hospital, community, mental health and learning disability services, so our portfolio is varied and diverse. We are proud to offer patients an unrivalled level of care and range of careers for professionals who want to make a real difference. Did you know - Powys Teaching Health Board accepts applications to retire and return from within the NHS in Wales. If you would like to know more, please contact the Powys Teaching Health Board Workforce team on 01874 712580 or firstname.lastname@example.org Step into Health connects employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree in SLT or equivalent
- HCPC registered
- RCSLT registered
- Evidence of relevant post grad training and personal development activity
- Dysphagia accreditation
- Thorough knowledge of range of assessment tools and appropriate intervention tools in ALD
- Clinical educator with ability to supervise and educate students
- Detailed knowledge of principles of clinical governance and its application
- Evidence of research activity
- Experience of adapting and implementing policies within area of speciality
- Leadership and first line management
- Extensive experience with ALD caseloads
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Experience of dealing with HR day to day
- computer literacy
- Able to work autonomously
- Proven MDT working
- Extensive specialist clinical experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.