Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
We offer a generous salary package worth up to£114,003
per national terms plus fringe, on-call payments and an extra£25, 000
on top of salary which include recruitment premia, relocation allowance professional development support and much more. Our organisation
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North-East Hampshire. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services and we employ over 2,500 staff serving a population of 1.3 million. Our services are provided in community settings, hospitals, and residential homes. Our mission and values “For a better life”
- Treat people well
- Create respectful places
- Be Open, Honest, Accountable
- Involve not ignore
We provide a comprehensive range of services including in the community and hospital settings: talking therapies, mental health services for adults, children and adolescents, drug, and alcohol, learning disability, eating disorder, Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder clinic, forensic and other mental health.
To view our latestCQC
report please click on the link provided in this advert in the Further Links section. Are you passionate about caring for children and young people?
This is a great opportunity to support the development and the clinical leadership of an innovative and exciting service as the Inpatient Consultant Psychiatrist for a newly commissioned 12-bed 24/7 unit. Continual improvement and development of the services that support the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people is a priority for Surrey Children’s Services and we are excited to be advanced in our planning for a new Tier 4 unit. The model that we are developing is supported by nationally recognised extended crisis services and specialist services and delivered through well-developed multi-agency partnerships. As the Consultant Psychiatrist you will be instrumental in setting up the new service with the clinical and project team including recruitment of other key staff, developing clinical protocols, pathways and interfaces. The brand-new service will provide specialised care to Surrey children and young people in acute mental health crisis, support CYP with co-morbid need including neuro developmental and disordered eating needs. About youYou will have:
Key new developments over the past three years include:
- A recognised basic Medical Degree and MRCPsych or equivalent, Section 12 Approval and AC status.
- Full Medical Registration (GMC) with a Licence to Practice
- Approved Clinician Status and approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Management qualification or evidence of an interest in developing leadership skills
- Research, study, audit and quality improvement are strongly advocated and SABP actively support your involvement. There is also access to the weekly trust wide academic programme.
- The implementation of the Care Pathways – which focusses on providing specific interventions by cluster for the person’s recovery journey.
- The implementation of GPiMHS – a newly funded service which provides a mental health service in primary care for those persons who do not require or meet the threshold of secondary care.
- NHS Consultant Grade £84,559 - £114,003/annum + £149 fringe + on-call payments
- GMC Sponsorship
- £15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to £8,000*subject to policy requirements
- Sponsorship for international candidates: up to £3,199
- £2000/year CPD allowance *subject to policy requirements
- NHS Pension: employer’s contribution14.38%from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to £6,000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave and sick pay
Surrey is recognized as having many areas of outstanding beauty and is well known for its countryside. It is well serviced by excellent rail and road network links, as well as being within proximity of two of London’s main airports, Heathrow and Gatwick. The team base is just off the M25 and there is easy access to London and the coast. Surrey has many attractions for children and families. The county also has excellent schools within the area, making it the perfect place to live and work.Closing Date: 30th June 2022 Shortlisting Date: tbc Assessment Centre: ybc Interview Date: tbc
For further information and / or to arrange an informal visit
Dr Phil Ferreira-Lay
Clinical Director & Consultant Child Psychiatrist
Regarding the recruitment process please contact
Maria Chambers Medical/Recruitment and Engagement Specialist
on firstname.lastname@example.org or + (44)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.