Kirklees Outreach Team – Band 6 Community Mental Health Practitioner
Due to additional investment into the team, The Kirklees Outreach Team is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and autonomous Band 6 practitioner on a full-time basis. We are seeking an individual who is committed to delivering a high quality service and who can work within a team approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive forward-thinking team that is committed to providing effective, evidence based and compassionate care to service users.
The Kirklees Outreach Team is a community based mental health team that provides crisis interventions and home-based treatment for older people whose mental health needs increase significantly either due to an acute episode or relapse of an enduring mental health condition. A referral to this team would be considered when:
- People are experiencing the onset of relapse or severe mental distress, where a breakdown in coping mechanisms or a change in circumstances necessitates a rapid flexible and / or intensive response
- To provide brief interventions to augment/support existing care plans.
- Hospital admission is being considered / Gatekeeping Assessment is required
- To support early discharge / graded leave
- To provide home based treatment as an alternative to hospital admission where clinically viable
- To reduce the length of inpatient stay
- To improve patient choice and experience
- To work for short, intensive periods with people who have acute or severe mental health problems.
- Contribute to the delivery of planned care in the client’s own home accessing community resources.
The team are operational 8am – 8pm 7 days per week and you would be expected to undertake 12 hour shifts across a 7 day rota.
Full UK driving licence and use of own car is essential.
If you would be interested in joining a creative and innovative team dedicated to providing acute home based treatment for older people, we would welcome and encourage informal enquiries and visits to the team.
For further information please contact Karen Hodgson (Team Manager) or Sue Tully (Senior Practitioner) on 01484 343152. All employees of the Trust are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect patients
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.