We have the pleasure to announce an exciting opportunity for a dietitian eager to broaden their clinical skills via fascinating clinical rotations, to join our dynamic multi-professional therapy team at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
The post is a part of our band 6 rotation programme at the Royal Free site, and includes 9 month long rotations in nephrology, surgery and HPB, critical care, neurology and oncology.Main duties of the job
The successful applicants will have a sound knowledge base in all forms of nutrition support and a wide variety of clinical conditions. They will relish the challenge of integrating nutrition science with other therapies to provide a holistic care plan for wide range of patients. They will thrive when working closely as a part of MDT and be ready to further develop their skills in service development and quality improvement, as well management and education of junior staff and other health professionals. They will be keen to actively contribute to an ongoing development of our dietetic and wider therapies department.
We pride ourselves in being a forward- thinking department, keen to integrate innovative solutions, and with a strong commitment to continuing professional development.
As a department we undertake training of dietetic students for all placement types and offer many opportunities to be involved in teaching for all members of the MDT, including the medical team.
If you believe you meet the criteria of the person specification and would like to join our Royal Free team, we would be interested in receiving your application.
To find out more about working at the Royal Free please visit our website at: www.royalfree.nhs.uk/jobsAbout us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation & professional QualificationsEssential
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- Additional qualification or BDA accredited courses or equivalent in-house training e.g. PENG clinical update,
- Commitment to advanced clinical and professional development
- Membership of special interest group
Royal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- Physically fit and able to comply with trust manual handling guidelines
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- Broad range of clinical experience, across a variety of clinical areas to include nutrition support in both in and out-patients
- Experience of working within an MDT
- Presentations to groups/teaching other Healthcare Professionals
- Student training/ supervisory skills
- Active participation in an audit or project
- Proficient use of PC & working knowledge of Microsoft Office and nutritional analysis
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative
- Evidence of specialist clinical skills
- Appreciation of need for personal accountability for governance issues (to include confidentiality, Health & safety and risk management) and how these affect self and others
- Effective written communication skills
- Able to manage clinical caseload and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work effectively within different teams both multi and uni-disciplinary, with a willingness to be personally accountable for actions
- Ability to manage own time & meet deadlines
- Motivated to achieve personal and professional goals to an excellent standard as appropriate to the job role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivational Interviewing/ Behaviour Change training (CBT or facilitation skills)
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.