We are looking to recruit a Band 8a Clinical Psychologist to our busy and friendly locality team in Ceredigion, based in Aberystwyth.
Main duties of the job
The post is advertised as a band 8a. However, applicants who do not currently meet all the skills and competences for the band 8a role, are encouraged to apply and, if successful, will be appointed under Agenda for Change Arrangement for Pay and Banding of Trainees (Annex 21) supported by a development plan for 2 years. The application of annex21 with pay protection at band 7 may be considered for newly qualified psychologists until competencies are met for 8a, which will be expected to be met within 2 years. Following successful completion and successful attainment of skills and competences for the role, the post holder will then be paid at band 8a (minimum point on the scale).Continued support and supervision will be provided in order to develop the practitioner to the band 8a role. This will be an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified psychologist looking for career development.
The county is a beautiful place to live, especially for those who enjoy outdoor activities. The post-holder will be expected to provide Psychology input into the locality team as well as contribute to more specialist centralised services. Special interests are encouraged whenever possible and there are regularly opportunities to be involved in new service developments. The service is forward thinking and uses the Choice and Partnership Approach model of service delivery.
Applicants wanting full time or part time hours will be considered.
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest;
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire;
48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres;
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services;
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
Job description Job responsibilities You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 08-06-2022
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registration with the HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Doctoral level training in clinical or counselling psychology, including psychopathology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS.
- Knowledge of psychometrics, appropriate administration and limitations
- Post qualification training in at least one area relevant to the post
- Additional Specialist training and experience
- Post qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, community, primary care and in-patient settings.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment (post qualification) incorporating psychometrics and cognitive assessment
- Post qualification experience of working with children and young people and/or mental health.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course, presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity.
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision.
- Experience of the application of clinical psychology in different cultural contexts
- Post qualification experience of working with children and young people
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.