An experienced midwife is required to support the Antenatal & Newborn (ANNB) Screening Team in overseeing the screening programmes delivered at NBT.
The postholder will provide expert advice and support in all aspects of ANNB screening.
Responsibilities include supporting women through the screen care pathway, assisting the ANNB Screening Coordinator in implementing new & /or revised screening programme guidance/standards, monitoring the quality & performance of the screening programmesMain duties of the job
We are looking for a Midwife who is clinically experienced in order to support the Screening Co-ordinator and team within our maternity department. The post holder will have an interest and knowledge of antenatal and newborn screening, enabling them to support women and their families throughout the antenatal and post-delivery screening pathways. The nature of this post also means liaising closely with departments such as ultrasound, community midwives and the specialist bereavement midwife.
Please see the job description for details of the main duties.About us
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
We commit to treating each patient as an individual with respect and dignity, aiming to deliver excellent clinical outcomes and a first-class experience for everyone who uses our services.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, our Trust is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (such as Portishead or Chepstow).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Manage appropriate referral of all positive screening test results ensuring that referrals are actioned appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provide counselling and support to women through the screening pathway and decision making process. This includes informing them of a new diagnosis / high chance screening test result..
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings to support womens journey through screen positive pathway.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation and delivery of care plans.
- Oversee and monitor the national failsafe IT systems.
- To monitor, audit and maintain screening registers as appropriate for the ANNB screening programme.
- Work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team to improve standards and practice.
- Audit practice to ensure compliance with screening standards and guidelines to present findings and make recommendations accordingly.
- Undertake screening programme user satisfaction survey and make recommendations / implement changes in practice, where required.
- Facilitating and cascade screening information and updates.
- Develop multi-disciplinary education materials and undertake / facilitate including mandatory training as per trust policy.
Person SpecificationEducation / Training / QualificationsEssential
- Attend and participate in screening specific updates & education in addition to mandatory training
- To be professionally accountable for their own midwifery practice, acting in a professional manner at all times, abiding by the Midwives Rules and Standards of Practice and all relevant NMC an Trust guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous documentation in compliance with the data protection act.
- Registered Midwife
- Evidence of ongoing professional and personal development
Knowledge /Skills / AbilitiesEssential
- Recent clinical midwifery experience (including antenatal & newborn screening)
- Experience of multi-professional team working
- Knowledge of the UK National Screening Committee, Antenatal and Newborn Screening Programmes
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance, Audit & Incident management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel Word PowerPoint Outlook).
- Able to prioritise, plan daily workload and possess excellent
Personal Qualities / Special CircumstancesEssential
- Experience of writing professional reports / guidelines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivated & reliable
- Adaptable & responsive to changing service needs
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.