Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor employer. Join our innovative and passionate Community Developmental Paediatric consultant team!
We offer a generous salary package worth up to £114,003
per national termsplus fringe, on-call payments and anextra £25, 000
on top of salarywhich include recruitment premia, relocation allowance professional development support and much more.
The Developmental Paediatric Service
(DPS) has Consultant
opportunities (full and part time), open to both international and to UK based doctors who wish to progress their careers in field of Developmental Paediatric across Surrey. Our organisation
Surrey and Borders Partnership (SABP) NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with neurodevelopmental conditions, neurodisability, mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey & North-East Hampshire. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services and we employ over 2,500 staff serving a population of 1.2 million. Our services are provided in community settings, hospitals, and residential homes.
The Developmental Paediatric Service (DPS) is a community-based service and is provided through Children and Family Health Surrey (CFHS). Our mission
‘’Meeting the needs of children and young people across Surrey, for a better life.’’ Our values
- Treat people well
- Create respectful places
- Be Open, Honest, Accountable
- Involve not ignore
The Developmental Paediatric Service is a family centered service dedicated to helping children and young people to manage health problems that may be affecting their developmental progress.
Our Surrey wide service is led by consultants and assesses children and young people experiencing a wide range of developmental difficulties related to:
- Developmental delay or disorder
- Neurological disability
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - under 6yrs
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - under 6yrs
- Cerebral palsy
- Severe learning difficulties (SLD) and/or complex needs (the DPS may carry out these assessments in schools)
Clinicians also provide an on-call commitment to Surrey-wide Safeguarding work, for non-accidental injury, neglect and sexual abuse assessments; provided by the department as a weekday (9am-5pm) service.
To view our latest CQC
report please click on the link provided in this advert in the Further Links section. About the team
We are a strong team of paediatricians with a range of skills and interests.
The service offers excellent opportunities to develop your skills and is committed to regular training and CPD events. We strive to ensure continued progress and a dynamic approach to development both to you as an individual in your career development as well as for continued service development.
There is regular and structured peer review and supervision, with clinical support available through the team leads in each locality.
We welcome innovative and dynamic practice and the department hosts trainees from one of the locality Teaching Hospitals. The Trainee Programme is supported by SABP Education Team and the Deanery.
We have robust safeguarding pathways in place and are commissioned to provide weekday support into the SARC team. This service continues to progress and we have a number of staff supported to complete the FMERSA course. About the role
We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic consultants to join and complement our existing experienced consultant team. We have four geographical community team areas delivering neurodevelopmental and neurodisability clinics in Woking, Guildford, Frimley and Redhill.
Additionally, we offer countywide specialist services including Look After Children’s team, Medical Advice to Adoption team, Medical Advice to Education team and Safeguarding medical assessments (including non-accidental injury, neglect and sexual abuse). About you
You will have:
- UK recognised medical degree
- Current full GMC registration
- At least 3 years experience in paediatrics
- MRCPCH/MRCP or equivalent
- Experience in the assessment and on-going management of paediatric neurodisability conditions
- Evidence of further training in all aspects of child protection assessment (level 3 training) and health assessments (Further training and supervision in assessment of Child Sexual abuse can be provided in post)
- Knowledge and understanding of Multi-Disciplinary, inter-professional practice to include primary care and social services
- Good evidence of involvement in all aspects of clinical governance including experience of undertaking clinical audit and research tools
- Excellent clinical skills in relevant areas
- Salary: NHS Consultant Grade £84,559 - £114,003 + £149 fringe + on-call payments as per national terms
- Recruitment premia £15,000 over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to £8000 *subject to policy requirements
- Continuous Professional Development up to £2000/year *based on service needs
- NHS Pension: employer’s contribution 14.38% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to £6000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave and sick pay
For further information and or to arrange an informal visit please contact:
- Flexible working practices and dedicated administrative support to assist with clinics enabling you to focus on what you do best delivering high quality care to children and young people.
Dr Lisa Wall, Lead Consultant Paediatrician
Dr Mary Small, Consultant Developmental Paediatrician
Information regarding the international recruitment process please contact
Shuile Syeda - Medical Recruitment Officer
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.