Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust is a Top Employer Award Winner. We have a Health and Justice Directorate, within which sits the 'Children and Young People' Service line working in partnership with 'Youth Custody' colleagues to provide responsive and dependable primary care, mental health, learning disabilities and substance misuse services to the young people and adults within our services.
In our quest to deliver trauma informed young person-focused quality care we are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Health & WellbeingService Lead
to join our new Integrated Healthcare Service
team at HMYOI Cookham Wood in Rochester.
By joining our team, you will not only look after the healthcare needs of the young people we care for, but will also have the opportunity to have a real impact on a whole systems trauma informed approach and on promoting health and well-being for this population.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings.
Main duties of the job PLEASE NOTE ANY CANDIDATE WISHING TO APPLY FOR ANY OF OUR ROLES IN HEALTH AND JUSTICE SERVICES WILL BE SUBJECT TO PRISON VETTING CLEARANCE. WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE BEEN A RESIDENT IN THE UK FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA NEED NOT APPLY.
The post holder will be an experienced healthcare professional who also has excellent staff management skills. They will support the Head of Healthcare to manage and develop the Health & Wellbeing (mental health and substance misuse) team to achieve a targeted and appropriate service, delivered in accordance with evidence-based practice and local policies and procedures. This is a varied role working within a rich multidisciplinary team supporting the formulation-driven, trauma systems approach according to the SECURE STAIRS framework, within the YOI.
The post holder will proactively manage and lead the Health & Wellbeing (CAMHS) team, alongside the Consultant Psychologist and Consultant Psychiatrist, to further develop mental health, substance misuse and emotional wellbeing services for boys ages 15-18 currently in custody. In addition, the post holder will have a key role in implementing the prison wide health promotion strategy and 'Positive Health Programme'.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust offers its staff ongoing career progression through monthly supervision, annual personal development plans/appraisals and access to exciting internal and external training opportunities.
The trust alsovalues its staff and you are entitled to become a member of MyTrustBenefits. MyTrustBenefits is an online portal for all CNWL staff, as well as their family and friends. It offers over 1400 discounts at hundreds of retailers nationwide. Save money on your weekly food shops, toiletries, cosmetics, cinema, meals out, holidays, travel and entertainment. You can also access free online courses on a variety of topics, professional and personal, ranging from business management, languages, law and teaching.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will operationally manage the Mental Health and Substance Misuse service (CAMHS) provision at HMYOI Cookham Wood to ensure an equitable service to that available in the community. JOB SUMMARY
To provide managerial leadership within the department as part of the multi-disciplinary team, upholding professional standards at all times. To provide clinical and managerial supervision as appropriate. To act as a role model for junior staff and deputise for the Head of Healthcare in their absence.
Carry continuing responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of HWBT care without direct supervision; setting standards and managing the team caseload including liaison with other agencies (internally & externally to the YOI) where appropriate.
Demonstrate and supervise practice and procedures to registered and unregistered staff to ensure safe and effective practice. The post holder will be responsible for overseeing the evidence-based practice of band 7 nursing professionals within the department, and for the coordination of clinical care activities, including the development of a learning environment for students as well as taking a key role in the induction, training and mentorship of new and unregistered staff.
Person Specification Education / Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Degree Level Qualification
- Additional training specific to population (CAMHS)
- Management Qualification
- Extensive post qualification, with substantial experience working at Band 7 or equivalent.
- Experience of staff and resource management
- Experience of joint working at strategic level
- Substantial experience in at least two clinical specialities, one must include forensic mental health.
- Experience of operationally managing a large multidisciplinary team
- Experience of use of appraisal in managing others
- Experience of reporting on contract and performance management
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Excellent knowledge of adolescent and young adult mental health multi-disciplinary services.
- Ability to communicate/influence and be able to work skilfully at a high level with professionals, users and carers of the services as well as external agencies.
- Able to provide clinical leadership and contribute to strategic direction
- Proven experience in supporting, facilitating and delivering change management within services.
- Understands the importance of assessment that explores and considers individual cultural identity and associated support needs.
- To have a proven ability to work at a strategic level in a complex organisation, initiating change and identifying areas for collaborative working.
- Good knowledge of national and strategic developments in child and adolescent mental health.
- Experienced user of P-NOMIS
Personal Disposition Essential
- Thorough understanding and commitment to operating and promoting Equality of Opportunity in relation to service users and employees
- Willing and able to work flexibly, in terms of the requirements of the role, working hours and place of employment
- Strong commitment to personal development and training.
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively with other senior professionals in developing a culture of multi-disciplinary working.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.