The Cyber Security Analysts will work within the Trusts ICT Team to help maintain and promote cyber security across the organisation.The post entails managing their own time and ensuring that team goals are met consistently.
There is also contact with staff from a variety of disciplines and professions both internally and externally to the Trust. The above therefore requires good communication and technical skills to ensure the delivery of a high quality service. Due to the fast paced and ever evolving requirements within Cyber Security, the post holder will demonstrate a keen interest in the field, willingness to learn new skills and ability to use own judgement and initiative.Main duties of the job
This is a busy and demanding role, which will involve a variety of tasks including but not limited to the following:
To carry out Proactive and Maintenance tasks to deliver improvements to the Trusts Cyber Security.To identify and analyse Cyber Vulnerabilities and take the most appropriate method of resolution, liaising with the Operational Services Manager as necessary.Analyse security incidents and alerts, using Security Incident and Event Management software to ensure they are resolved quickly by the appropriate team.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see detailed Job Description/Person Spec. Staff benefits
Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Evidence of experience of working with Digital Technology and providing customer service or training.
- Basic understanding of Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Ability to assess potential IT Security threats / incidents / risks and able to identify actions to mitigate or eliminate these
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge and experience of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Best Practice
- Understanding of Multifactor Authentication tools and techniques
- Understanding of Cloud Computing principals
- Be able to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of staff.
- Ability to travel between sites using suitable transport
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Basic understanding of Compliance standards and regulation that impact on Cyber Security in the NHS.
- Experience of Microsoft Cloud computing environments such as Azure and M365
- Evidence of working in a Cyber Security Related role
- Previous experience in NHS IT
- Ability to understand Data Security and Protection Toolkit requirements
- Understanding of Computer Networking, Including IP Addressing, Firewalls and Switching
- Understanding of Risk Management and Auditing
- Degree level IT qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continued personal development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Cyber Security Certification
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Oakwood Building, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Bury New Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.