NHFT are currently looking to appoint General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist in Planned Care and Recovery Team PCART. The role will be based at Campbell House, Northampton, within the County of Northamptonshire.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will need to be a born leader and a people person who loves to collaborate and innovate. You need to be MRC psych or equivalent with full registration, licensed and specialist registered or within six months of obtaining your CCT on the date of the Advisory Appointment Committee. The ability to travel to all locations within the Trust is essential.
In return we can offer:
- Generous Relocation upto 15k and Welcome packages upto 10k
- Opportunities to pursue areas of specialist interest e.g. ECT, rTMS, gender dysmorphia, prison psychiatry, ketamine infusion etc.
- Flexible hours/ job share opportunities
- Access to a dedicated research and innovation team
- Mentorship and Undergraduate education opportunities
There are many opportunities to be involved in clinical research and you will have access to the Trust research fellows to help develop research ideas. The Trust already has a portfolio of research studies in Old Age Dementia and Physical Health.
Job description Job responsibilities
The trust is leading nationally on physical treatments in mental health, nurse administered ECT, rTMS and ketamine infusion. We also have research collaboration with the Open University along with Nottingham, Oxford and Northampton University.
The Trust hosts Undergraduates from Leicester and Norwich Medical schools with numerous opportunities to teach this cohort.
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is an Employer which is committed to developing you and that prides itself on being a diverse and equal opportunity employer. NHFT has recently being awarded OUTSTANDING
Northamptonshire is a county with varied countryside and numerous small villages as well as a range of good housing, excellent rail and road connections to London and elsewhere and good schools making it an attractive place for family living.
Person Specification Qualifications/Registration Essential
- MRC Pysch or Equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- On specialist Registration CCT in General Adult
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Minimum of six years postgraduate experience (including 3 years as SpR in approved training
- Part of this period may be in a post of equivalent responsibility and training
Communication Skills Essential
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Evidence of the ability to communicate with patients, colleagues and staff at all levels
Leadership & Management skills Essential
- Ability to motivate and develop Junior Medical Staff and other MDT Members
- To Balance individual requirements against those of the Directorate and Trust as a whole
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.