An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time band 5 post on the Coronary Care Unit, within the Lancashire Cardiac Centre.
You will join our small, but experienced, friendly & highly motivated team.Main duties of the job
Coronary Care is a 10 bedded unit offering emergency care to cardiac patients within the local & wider area, including an established PPCI service.
Please see the attached Job Description for full details.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Although cardiology experience is preferred it is not essential, as successful applicants will receive a full induction with an assigned preceptor.
We require passionate and motivated individuals who have an interest in Cardiology. Please can you ensure that you have read the job description and person specification before submitting your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (1st or 2nd Level)
- Willingness to undertake teaching and assessing qualification
- Willingness to undertake conversion course to Part 1 of the NMC register
- Diploma/willingness to undertake Diploma
- Teaching & assessing qualification
- Post Registration qualification
- Ability to teach peers within clinical area
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of team and ward management
- Ability to establish priorities
- Team Player & Team Leadership qualities
- Good time management
- Basic I.T. skills
- Decision maker
- Communicate at all levels
- Problem solver
- Lateral thinker
- Basic Life Support
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Venepuncture & Cannulation skills
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospital
Whinney Heys road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.