Are you a qualified Dietitian looking for a role to support you in a post graduate diploma in paediatric dietetics? Do you want a role that gives you autonomy as well as paying HCAS?
We are looking for a Dietitian to join our team on a part time, 30 hours per week basis here in Reading.
In this post you will provide dietetic support to children across the West Berkshire area who are enterally fed and those attending our special schools with feeding difficulties. You will work closely alongside the community teams working with our children - Nursing and Community Nursing, Paediatricians, Specialist School Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists and therefor we require someone who enjoys working as part of an MDT.
This role compliments someone looking for a flexible working pattern and you will manage your own diary. Your time will be split between base, community, online and home visits but leave room for some home working.
We are a very supportive team who meet regularly and are actively involved in ongoing service development and clinical development of skills for our Dietitians. We have strong links to our acute Paediatric Dietetic colleagues and also our wider Community Dietetic colleagues across Berkshire.Main duties of the job
To be part of the CYPF Specialist dietetic team responsible for providing, maintaining and developing, the specialist paediatric Nutrition and Dietetic Service for children with complex needs fed enterally at home and those attending special schools in the locality requiring nutritional assessment and support.o To be responsible for planning, managing and prioritising own caseload and clinical workload.o Developing and utilising specialised clinical paediatric skills.o To provide paediatric dietetic support within various community settings including domiciliary visits, special schools and respite units.o To manage a caseload of children with complex additional needs (both health and developmental) and feeding difficulties including support for home enteral nutrition.o To establish and maintain excellent working relationships work closely with clinical colleagues within the wider MDT.About us
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer. We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:o Caring for and about you is our top priorityo Committed to providing good quality, safe serviceso Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:o Flexible working options to support work-life balance.o 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sello Generous NHS pension schemeo Excellent learning and career development opportunitieso 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing schemeo Access to a range of wellbeing tools and serviceso Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurantso Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equalityo Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.o Free parking across Trust sitesJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe must haves for this role:
Dietetics degree Experience in either paediatrics or with enteral feeding Full UK driving license with access to vehicle
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Serena Burgin on 07917502750 or email: email@example.com wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- A four year undergraduate degree or a two year post graduate degree in Nutrition & Dietetics
- UK registered with Health Professional Council
- Member of the British Dietetic Association
- Attended suitable training to support student training
- Post graduate training Dietetics
- Post graduate training/relevant study days in Paediatric Dietetics or some equivalent paediatric experience, particularly in enteral feeding.
- Post registration training or experience in psychological approaches to patient care i.e. CBT
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Dietitian
- Some experience in working with Paediatric caseloads
- Experience of working in a variety of settings and partnership working
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of enteral feeding
- Previous involvement with the pre-registration practice placements for students
- able to demonstrate a good understanding of general dietetics and in particular Paediatric issues
- Can demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
- Is able to prioritise workload and is flexible in approach
- Is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Is able to use analytical and problem-solving skills to apply to own practice
- Has knowledge of national strategies and clinical evidence related to obesity
- Can demonstrate different approaches to communicating with a wide variety of patients and the public, both as individuals and in groups
- Can demonstrate empathy with people who are overweight/obese
- Has an ability to use own initiative and to be self-motivated
- Is able to plan and deliver training/education to Health Care Professional and patients
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of team work and how this can be used to improve health
- Has a professional appearance and is able to express themselves clearly (both verbally and written)
- Is proficient in the use of email, internet and Microsoft software packages
- Has understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements I relation to own professional practice
- Is flexible, adaptable and able to work in environments that can be distracting with interruption
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to multiple sites (delete as appropriate)
- An ability to work flexibly, this includes evening and weekend
- Car driver and owner
- Mobility - ability to undertake light physical effort in order to work in a range of venues and settings and has ability to lift/carry equipment (weighing scales
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Childrens Community Nursing East, University of Reading
Earley Gate, Whiteknights Road, Earley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.