The post-holder is a Project Manager for the Estates and Capital Projects team, particularly in relation to Building Fabric but would be expected to run projects of different disciplines for example M& E maintenance and new installations. The role will also include management of Stakeholders, Advisors, Consultants, Construction companies and others as required.
The postholder will undertake the following:
o Provide ongoing advice to all members of the team in relation to their expertise such as building surveying, capital projects and mechanical and electrical installations.o Support the development of the Trust estate strategy and the Capital Plan.o Take responsibility for the delivery of a range of capital schemes from co-ordination, management and delivery of projects to ensure objectives are achieved in terms of specific performance, time, cost and quality.o Provide or procure specialist technical advice on the Trust Estate (building condition, future usage, lifespan) and work with the Estates maintenance team to develop ongoing building management strategies to ensure development of buildings is suitable, timely and efficient.
The postholder is responsible for managing the activities of professional advisors and sub-contractors as required and will engage at all levels throughout the Trust with staff, external partners, stakeholders and other interested parties including commercial organisations.Main duties of the job
The postholder should have the following knowledge, training, experience and skills:o Qualified in a Project Management or Building related subject
o Working towards (RICS/MCIOB/APM or similar).
o Preferably hold a HNC/D or Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an appropriate Building/M& E subject
o Minimum of 2+ years' experience in an Estates environment in either a project management role or a role with management experience of maintenance.o Preferably a holder of project and programme management qualifications or equivalent training/experience.o Use of recognised project management tools (MS Project)o Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional development.o Evidenced experience of developing and implementing Project Management Principles and programmes.o Evidenced experience of managing stakeholders, consultants and contractors.o An understanding of national policy in relation to health building standards (HBNs, HTMs, British Standards, BREEAM etc).o Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills and an ability to develop and maintain good and robust working relationships with a wide range of people from within the Trust, partners and external stakeholders.o Good budget management skills.About usPhysical
- The post is office-based but the postholder is expected to spend a large part of the day accessing all parts of the facilities.
- The post will require the post holder to access and spend time on construction sites
- There may be a need to travel to different sites.
- The postholder will need to be able to accompany others including external stakeholders and interested parties on site visits.
- As a DSE user, the postholder will use computer equipment for lengthy periods of time each working day.
- Complex and varied workload.
- Working to tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities.
- Securing effective involvement and engagement, with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Working independently and on own initiative.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Overcoming cultural/organisational/personal barriers to change.
- Managing the expectations of others
The remit of the postholder includes but is not limited to the following duties:
Business Planning, Financial Management and Strategic Development
Support the Senior Project Manager in the development and management of capital projects within the estate and to provide the most practical, sustainable and economic solutions for design, construction, management, commissioning and maintenance of the development. Responsible for financial management of projects ranging from �10k to �2m. Play a supporting role in the development and implementation of the 5 year capital plan in support of the Trust estate strategy. Provide specialist technical support and advice to the Sustainable Health and Capital planning team and also to the wider facilities Directorate, linking particularly with the estates maintenance department to ensure that capital projects provide suitable robust solutions which support the Trusts requirements in terms of suitability, strategy, sustainability and are deliverable to required time, cost and quality.
Programme and Project Management Provide technical advice, in particular in relation to building related issues on all capital schemes to ensure the most practical and economic solutions for design, procurement, construction, sustainability, management, commissioning and maintenance of the development. Technical advice may be in relation to Capital Projects, Building Surveying, Project Management or Mechanical and Electrical installations. As project manager, deliver your allocated Projects to identified quality standards, timescales and within agreed budgets and using tried and testing project management systems and methodologies. Input and where appropriate produce business cases to support project delivery including clear objectives and outcomes, areas of programme activity, criteria to evaluate success, timescales, risks and mitigating actions, and financial resource. Ensure delivery of post project evaluations and benefits realisation programmes in accordance with benefits and timescales set out in business cases. Ensure that public, service user and carer involvement is maximised at all stages of projects and establish and maintain effective partnership working with all key stakeholders including health agencies and local councils. Where requested participate in relevant external working groups to provide project advice, expertise and support and sharing best practice across external organisationsFinancial and Physical Resources Management of contracts, specifications for tenders and awarding of new contracts. Manage a devolved budget for own area of work to ensure best value for money, including signing off invoices, monitoring expenditure and providing budgetary reports. Actively monitor expenditure against budget and address problems at an early stage. Ensure that project plans are underpinned by robust financial plans through budget planning and negotiation of appropriate contracts.Leadership, Communication and Personal Development
Directly manage external professional advisors and project managers where assigned to the project or programme. Establish clear and well targeted communication strategies across programmes and projects. Commit to further learning and development to reach your full potential for the current role and future identified roles as part of your career path.
Key Working Relationships Work and engage constructively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on a range of complex issues. Build key relationships, manage stakeholders and maintain networks internally and externally to ensure the delivery of the project Communicate complex information and issues to a wide range of senior internal and external stakeholders. Translate information into clear and appropriate formats, such as written documents or graphical representations to ensure understanding across a range of audiences. Be expected to understand the enabler requirements for the programme, this would include consideration of IT as well as others such as workforce issues.Person SpecificationEducation/Training/QualificationsEssential
- Qualified or willing to work towards a qualification in engineering, construction or project management
- Membership of a relevant professional body (CIBSE/RICS/CIOB/RIBA or similar)
- HNC/D, Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in an Estates, Construction or Engineering related subject.
- Project and Programme management qualifications or equivalent training/experience to post graduate level. Use of recognised project management tools. APM or Prince 2 qualified
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a technical maintenance or construction project management role within an estate's environment preferably within a healthcare environment
- Evidenced experience of managing multiple projects
Personal Qualities/Special CircumstancesEssential
- Demonstratable problem-solving and decision-making skills: ability to analyse complex, sensitive and contentious information (often where opinions differ), diagnose problems, identify solutions and present complex information to others in a format which fosters engagement and understanding
- Good understanding of budget management and reporting. While the post does not require a financial qualification, the postholder must be confident and experienced in understanding and using financial information relating to the projects that they are managing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good levels of diplomacy
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure, working to tight deadlines, constantly changing and sometimes conflicting priorities
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.