Highly Specialist Physiotherapist - Team Leader in Orthopaedic Therapy
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, dynamic and forward thinking Therapist to join our In Patient services and lead the Orthopaedic team comprising of integrated Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Assistant Practitioners and Therapy Assistants
The successful Candidate will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the Trauma and Orthopaedics including Elective surgery and elective pre-assessment in Joint schools, Trauma management including Major trauma and hip fracture management.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a Trauma Unit as part of the Major trauma network and we have close working relationships with the network.Main duties of the job
The therapy team provides seven day cover across the acute in patient wards and an Early Supported Discharge team.
Current service developments provide an exciting opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of the therapy team alongside the wider MDT.
The successful candidate will be supported by a Therapy Team Coordinator and other Therapists and Therapy Assistant colleagues, including wider multi-disciplinary teams. They will have access to a comprehensive IST programme and dedicated time for personal development.
We are dedicated to providing a high quality service and we are at the forefront of research and medical trials. We are a pro-active, forward thinking organisation and the first in the country to implement a 'real time' command centre monitoring patient treatment and flow.
We offer continual training and support at all levels and underpinned by our core values. We care, We value people, We are one team, striving for excellence.
Our mission - is to provide the highest quality healthcare at all times
Our vision - is to be an outstanding provider of healthcare, research and education and a great place to workAbout us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.
The successful candidate will have a real drive and be self-motivated to develop the needs of the service working closely with colleagues to implement this. This post provides opportunity for anyone with a passion for leadership, service development and quality improvement to demonstrate a pro-active and innovative approach to initiating and sustaining change management.
Experience of complex clinical decision making and providing a supportive role to team members with complex and challenging cases is essential to the role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
- Degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge acquired through degree supplemented by further training, short specialist courses and evidence of continued professional development in an area of relevant clinical speciality to the equivalent of post graduate level
- Clinical Educators
- Leadership or management development qualification
- Member of RCOT / CSP/ special interest group relevant to speciality
- Able to work flexibly and contribute to seven day working and across different sites
- Car owner/Driver
- Significant post registration experience, including NHS experience and of working in a relevant clinical specialty
- Significant experience at Band 6/equivalent working in Orthopaedic settings or to include a broad spectrum of rehab and musculoskeletal experience
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Experience of MDT guideline/policy development, implementation and audit
- Experience of leading clinical audit/research and using outcome measures
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience of leading innovative practice
- Experience in service prioritisation, delegation and caseload management.
- Experience of student / qualified staff supervision.
- Experience of project management/service development
- Able to communicate complex information clearly to other professionals, patients, relatives and carers
- Report writing / Presentation skills
- Computer literate - ability to use Word/Excel/Powerpoint, electronic patient records etc.
- Clinical credibility
- Highly developed specialist skills underpinned by theory and experience
- Highly developed analytical skills for complex situations requiring analysis
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Mentoring and advanced communication skills
- Able to teach, train and supervise others in specialist area of practice
- Proven evidence of change management skills
- Proven evidence of Leadership and management skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proven skills in teaching individuals and small groups
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to make clinical judgements requiring assimilation, interpretation and decisions where there may be a range of options
- Able to lead in the assessment and moving and handling of patients on a regular basis to a high standard of practice.
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant National Guidance both general and specialty related e.g. National Service Frameworks, NICE, NHS Long Term Plan etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NHS national targets and priorities
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the needs of the specific patient group
- Knowledge of research/audit in speciality
- Evidence of current CPD
- Evidence of current CPD
- Recruitment and Selection, Appraisal and other relevant HR/People management training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Management Development Training
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.