Are you an Occupational Therapy student due to graduate this summer 2024 and looking to secure your first job? Well then the NLaG AHP Incentives scheme may be for you! We are looking to be able to offer promises of employment as Rotational Band 5 Occupational therapist in our Grimsby or Scunthorpe based services on successful completion of your studies at university. In addition to securing your first post early we will support your studies with �500 towards CPD activities and pay your first two year HCPC membership fees too. A bank contract will be thrown in for free! Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS FT has a long history of supporting new graduates in their first few years of practice and preparing them for their career progression whether that be through structured Preceptorship Programs or access to the Development Team or mentoring. If this is something you would be interested in please contact...
Please see the attached documents for the Band 5 Job description and person Spec related to your profession, please ensure your application reflects your suitability for both a Band 3 bank post but mainly the Band 5 post.Main duties of the job
The purpose of this post is to provide a high standard of occupational therapy service undertaking all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.Participate in the band 5 rotational scheme which involves 6 monthly rotations working across a range of acute and community settings.You will participate in seven day working within these services where they are provided.About us
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Onward process Once your application has been successfully processed you will be
- Invited for interview which will include a short presentation and structured questions to explore your future suitability for a Band 5 post.
- If offered the post subject to references and DBS clearance you will be signed up to the Promise of Employment Contract and the AHP Bank which will provide a route for payment of the financial incentives as well as opportunity for paid work during your final year.
- On establishing your start date if this is before your HCPC registration has come through then you will be paid as a Band 4 assistant changing to a Band 5 on evidence of successful registration
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationOccupational Experience and skillsEssential
- Experience of a wide range of clinical settings/placements
- Ability to self reflect and critically appraise own performance or clinical experiences
- Effective clinical reasoning skills and ability to work within own scope of practice
Education and qualificationsEssential
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Experience of effective team working
- Studying towards degree in Occupational Therapy
- Ability to transport self and equipment safely and effectively around the geographic area associated with post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT related skills or training
- Previous experience in Health Care or equivalent setting
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.