To provide a specialist dietetic service to adults with neurological conditions or cardiovascular disease (coronary heart disease, heart failure or stroke).
The post will work closely with specialist dietetic colleagues to support the prevention and dietetic treatment of neurological conditions, cardiovascular disorders and associated malnutrition, including provision of home enteral feeding.Main duties of the job
- To manage an assigned caseload and professional activities within the Nutrition and Dietetic Service
- To work within a variety of locations primarily including out-patients, community settings, patient homes and nursing residential homes. Some in-reach/in-patient work may be required.
- Delegated responsibility for participation in the education of dietetic students, after 6 months post registration experience.
- To work effectively within a number of uni-professional and multi-disciplinary teams.
- To apply evidence-based knowledge and skills to the clinical areas of cardiovascular disease, neurological conditions and malnutrition.
- To ensure evidence based, specialist knowledge and skills are provided to the patients referred into the services.
- Professional activities will include the delivery of an assigned range of nutritional advisory activities, training and education which are evidence based and tailored to the needs of the client/patient. This will include delivery of a service to medical and health care professionals and others who influence food and nutrition issues.
- Work is managed and assessed at agreed intervals.
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or Post-graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian with the Health Care Professions Council
- MSc in a relevant subject
- Completion of a course in Clinical Supervisory Skills
- Member of British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Recent relevant post-registration qualifications
- Teaching qualification
- Comprehensive pre-registration clinical experience in NHS Dietetics.
- Recent experience in an area relevant to the post (neurology, enteral feeding, CVD)
- Experience working as band 5 dietitian in either a hospital or community setting
- Teaching and training experience
- Experience of community/voluntary groups (not necessarily in dietetic capacity)
- Excellent communication skills including observation, listening, behaviour change and empathy
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing good working relationships
- Good presentation skills, both written and verbal,
- Ability to organise workload
- Competent with a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office
- Ability to facilitate patient education sessions effectively
- Skills in electronic patient record (especially SystmOne)
- Competent in core areas of dietetic practice
- Knowledge of the principles of student-centred learning and reflective practice
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Language relevant to the population of the Bradford District and Craven
- Awareness of the different dietary and social needs of the Bradford and Craven District
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.