Main duties of the job
- The postholder will provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Procurement Directorate, ensuring delivery of statutory financial duties as well as managing the procurement strategy and department.
- The postholder will need to be technically strong, have the vision and leadership skills to drive continuous improvement across the Finance and Procurement departments and support the respective Heads of Department in their delivery.
- The postholder is the day-to-day contact for the Trust's regulator, NHS England and NHS Sussex. They will need to ensure they are fully briefed on the Trust's position in relation to delivery of the Trust's Business Plan.
- The Deputy Chief Finance Officer will be required to deputise for the Chief Finance Officer in their absence, both externally in the system and internally across the relevant portfolio.
- They will also take part in senior manager On-Call rota.
- Lead and develop the Finance and Procurement department so that it provides financial management of the Trust with the advice, information, and expertise to enable the provision of the best possible standards of healthcare.
Rated GOOD overall with outstanding care by the CQC. A specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services across the South of England and beyond.
We specialise in conditions of the eyes (corneoplastics), hands, head and neck cancer and skin cancer, reconstructive breast surgery, maxillofacial surgery and prosthetics, providing regional and national services in these areas of clinical expertise.Our world-leading clinical teams also treat more common conditions of the eyes, hands, skin, and teeth for the people of East Grinstead and the surrounding areas. In addition, QVH provides a minor injuries unit, expert therapies, a sleep service, and a growing portfolio of community-based services.Patients consistently rate QVH amongst the top hospitals in the country for quality of care.
Our success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of our staff and a strong culture of partnership. We are fully committed to training and development of the workforce with support for continuing education and learning.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFinancial reporting
- To prepare reports for the Board and Trusts managers to an agreed timetable on all key financial performance indicators, for example income and expenditure, financial duties, balance sheet, capital, charitable funds and cash flow. Best professional practice should be used in presenting this information, making it clear and concise.
- The postholder must exercise their expert and professional judgement in the interpretation of the highly complex, highly contentious, and emotive financial information and give advice to the Chief finance Officer based on that judgement.
- The postholder will ensure that the Trusts financial reporting and budgetary control system reflects the implementation of Service Line Management/Patient Level Costing. You will develop variance analysis, financial management reports and KPIs to enable managers and budget holders to understand the cost and drivers impacting on financial performance.
- Responsibility for the review, upgrade, update, and implementation of the directorate facing financial and accounting systems.
- Monitoring Information - for NHS England & Department of Health.
- The postholder is required to report on financial issues to the NHSE and Department of Health on behalf of the Chief Finance Officer. All such reports must reflect a true and fair view of the organisations financial position. The Deputy Chief Finance Officer must ensure financial information is timely and accurate, all projections are consistent with the facts and use their own professional judgement.
- oCCAB, CIMA qualification o Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) oDegree level qualification o Approximately 10 years post qualification experience oMBA/Masters level qualification Experience/ Knowledge
- oGovernance qualifications
- oComprehensive knowledge of business planning, commissioning process and contract management oKnowledge of NHS IMT strategies oKnowledge of Procurement regulations and compliance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExpert knowledge of accounting standards and policies oExcellent communication skills and the ability to build and lead a strong finance team oAbility to deal with a range of stakeholders oExcellent skills in the use of Microsoft in particular Excel oExcellent analytical skills oAbility to communicate complex financial information to a range of internal and external stakeholders oAbility to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Victoria Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.