Working in our Emergency Department across 7 days of the week. Shift patterns between 10 and 12 hours, and between 08.00 and 23.00.
We strongly believe in outstanding patient care and want to attract like-minded people to help us maintain this supportive and enjoyable place to work. Every day will be different, busy but never dull. You will enjoy working with supportive co-workers, providing an efficient and caring service to our patients.Main duties of the job
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, clinically strong candidates with experience in the Emergency Medicine and with an appetite for innovation for change and service improvement. You will be expected to function effectively in a fast paced and constantly changing environment without compromising essential standards of care and professionalism.You will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and passionate about Emergency care and ENP practice.About us
NBTeXtra is the temporary bank of staff that supports the running of one of the South West's largest hospitals.
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
We commit to treating each patient as an individual with respect and dignity, aiming to deliver excellent clinical outcomes and a first-class experience for everyone who uses our services.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor a full overview of the Job Description, please refer to the PDF Job Description attached as an additional document to this advert.
- To provide clear and effective leadership.
- To participate in assessment, planning and delivery of direct patient care across the Emergency Department, Ambulatory Unit and Minor Injuries Unit (referred to as the department throughout this document) in the Trust.
- To be fully accountable and responsible for shift management.
- Independently assess, investigate, diagnose and treat patients in specific client groups.
- Manage see and treat environment safely, ensure safe and effective practice at all times from all key personnel working within that area.
- To work in collaboration with the Ward manager and Clinical Matron to ensure the delivery of high calibre of evidence based patient care, and to encourage and develop a flexible work force through the efficient use of facilities, manpower and other resources.
- To initiate, promote and maintain high standards of practice within the team in line with departmental requirements.
- To provide clinical expertise both on shift and when representing the department.
- To manage all resources effectively and within budget parameters.
- To actively participate in audit.
- Registered General Nurse - live NMC registration
- Emergency Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Diploma or Degree level qualification
- Use of Patient Group Directive medications (PGD's)
- Post graduate certificate of Masters Degree
- Management qualification
- Completion of non-medical prescribing course or willingness to undertake
Knowledge/ Skills/ AbilitiesEssential
- Relevant post registration experience
- Current/recent clinical and management experience at Band 6 level
- Recent/current experience in speciality
- Demonstrable experience of change management
- Experience in resource management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced communication skills, verbal & written, to include report writing and record keeping.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Basic computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service i.e. IHS, Acis, Email use.
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.