We are seeking an individual who is passionate about older adult mental health and is ready to lead our highly motivated, friendly and committed team on Meadow Ward at Penn Hospital.
Meadow Ward is a newly designed unit with an exceptional environment specifically designed around the needs of older people.
The ward provides inpatient assessment and treatment to older adults within the Wolverhampton community who are experiencing mental health needs which are either functional or organic in nature.
The team is multi-disciplinary and includes Consultant Psychiatrists, Speech & Language Therapists, Psychologists, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. We work closely together to provide our patients with the best outcomes using a recovery focused model.
You will be supported in your role by a strong line management team who will provide you with supervision and flexibility in your role as a Ward Manager.
Main duties of the job
- Collaborative working within an MDT and within the wider Trust.
- Supporting the team on a daily basis.
- Networking with support/corporate services, such as Human Resources, Estates & Facilities, Governance, Temporary Staffing, Learning & Development, Engagement Champions.
- Risk assessment and mitigation.
- Skill mix.
- Authorising expenditure and controlling ward budgets.
- Staff supervision.
- Staff meetings and Manager meetings
Here at Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, we pride ourselves on employing the best people who have the right skills, vision and values to make a difference to the communities we serve.
We develop our staff and encourage a culture on inclusivity. We value everyone as individuals and understand the value of working together to provide high quality, innovative care.
We recently retained our CQC Good rating.
Please visit our Trust website to understand more about all that we are doing to recruit and retain staff, including our staff wellbeing and support services.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Auditing and monitoring results
- Leadership skills
- Improvement initiatives and implementation
- Caring and compassionate
- Developing self and others
- Respecting diversity
Person Specification Skills Essential
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Management/Leadership Experience
- Older Adult Inpatient Experience
- Further development/learning
- Older Adult Mental Health
- Leadership/management qualification
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.